Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Anything is possible,how much would it would entail,is a whole nuther issue.i know this doesnt help ya any but i guess im feeling a wee bit CHATTY.:p

·
Registered
97 Posts
The default colour for Toyota iQ's is the orangy/yellow, think it's the same as yours.

I copied the idea from another member of the UK forums. The SMD LED's have been replaced with blue units across not just the dash, but also the central console, start button, window switches and anything else that lit up.

Centre Console

Here's the satnav half way thru the mod.

So as you can see, orangy/yellow. The hardest bit was making sure the speedo was setup correctly as you need to remove the needles to get at the lights.

Fish

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
I would be worried about losing my night vision with a face full of bright blue lights.
Red light doesn't make your pupils dilate the way the brighter end of the spectrum does, so you can use red lights at night without ruining your ability to see anything else. That's why most car instrumentation these days is that orangey yellow

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
The blue from the led's is not bright enough to cause a problem with your night vision. I have found from the last several cars that I changed the color on, blue was more relaxing day and night.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
In that case, frickin awesome. Tutorial please? :p

·
Registered
84 Posts
I did this on my xB a while back. Not really hard, just takes a steady hand and patience. 1 slip up and you have an expensive piece to replace. Lots of soldering LEDs smaller than a ladybug.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts