Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back from Bloomington, IL about six hours ago and walked into the garage to hear the fuel pump running . Turned the key on and it went right off ?

Anybody else have any strange problems ?

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
hey spideus,perfectly normal?????right around 5hrs after the car has bin turned off,there is a small box in the back,which you can see in my swaybar install pics,cant remember exactly what the purpose,but a safety measure of sorts,removing fumes from the tank and such.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Strange......

Now I really want to know the reason behind this...

I am a ASE certified master technician, and I want to know why and for how long it runs !

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gotta love the Internet sometimes.

Google is your friend... At least sometimes......

That's your fuel evaporative pump performing a leak test by pressurizing the system, which is normal, even after the engine has been off for a period of time... Next time you hear it, check at the box up in your left rear wheel well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I noticed this on mine for the first time this week. iQ was parked for the night in the garage, and we heard the fuel pump was running on it's own. I called Toyota service department and he explained that with the over 100 degree temperatures we've been having, by me pulling directly into a 70 degree garage, the pump will work to balance the pressure that was lost by the sudden temperature change. I was concerned that it was faulty and I'd be left stuck somewhere with a drained battery, but he reassured me that it's performing exactly as it should.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts