Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Four people plus one iQ equals a fun night but a quick drop in MPG! Took my wife and friend out to dinner and picked up my 5yo daughter on the way home. Also stopped for a few things at the store but our purchases were limited to what would fit in the "Trunk". LOL! I had been holding steady at 40MPG all week but tonight it dropped to 37MPG. I still have about half a tank and I am confident I will have it back to 40MPG by next fill-up. Overall it was a fun night and the iQ handled the load just fine. I am getting everything I wanted out of the car and loving it! :D

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Ive had four in severall times for a short spell.our smallest human is a 9yr old boy so he sat behind the driver(me),i had to be pretty much danderously close to the steering wheel.3 works great and a few things from the store.our dwelling consists of 5of us,so when we go out we take our 2011 corolla XRS.BUT i am able to use the IQ,OFTEN.

·
Registered
507 Posts
It's nice to see you are getting a lot of enjoyment out of your car. I am as well! I've had three people in my car so far (me plus two others) and it was OK but I can't see how I'd fit four people. I'm quite short and still have the seat almost as far back as it can possibly go. The other two were 5' 10" (passenger) and 5' 11" (behind passenger). Not a lot of foot room for the person in the back either but we were able to get in a quick trip without anyone getting hurt. lol

·
Registered
985 Posts
Without these stories I'd have my doubts about real-life capacity for four. I agree, the driver's seat would have to move up a long way. With a clutch it'd be impossible to drive, but on a short haul I think it is do-able with the CVT. I have had three in my iQ as well and that is just fine for around town.

The iQ is perfect for what I need....I can't do a two-seater inasmuch as I do occasionally have another passenger, and I felt like I was lugging around way too much wasted space in my Yaris (felt like a minivan). The iQ is perfection!

·
Registered
584 Posts
I don't move up my drivers seat. The drivers side passenger sits with legs sideways and feet planted behind center console.

·
Registered
507 Posts
The iQ is perfect for what I need....I can't do a two-seater inasmuch as I do occasionally have another passenger, and I felt like I was lugging around way too much wasted space in my Yaris (felt like a minivan). The iQ is perfection!
I felt the same way driving around in my Fiesta. People laugh at me when I tell them I traded in the Fiesta for the iQ because I didn't need that much room.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Great minds think alike... and so do we. ;)

I've had my Yaris almost three years and I have had only one rear seat passenger in that time. The times I've needed luggage space everything fit in the "trunk" area with the rear seats still up. In other words, with the seats down the iQ will have more luggage space than I've ever needed in my car.

If people ask what happened to the rest of my car after I buy an iQ, I'll just tell them that I only bought the parts I actually need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts