Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were your wheels installed on the car when you picked it up or did you have to wait? If you had to wait, how long did you have to wait?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had to wait about 2 weeks. I called twice before I finally found out that they were in. 3 came in one day and the other came in the next day...

·
Registered
584 Posts
I keep hearing about Scion options being put on by the dealer. Here the dealer does nothing. It is all handled at the port upon arrival and then they go to a distribution center that doles the cars out to dealerships. I ordered mine the way I wanted it and they called the distribution center to see if they had some Hot Lava ones coming in. Then they put in order with same center to have the port put the options on when it rolled off the boat. So here the dealership is just the middle man taking the order.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
have you brought up them cutting you a check for the price of the wheels included in your purchase?
I had to wait a little over a month and was getting Pee'd off. I know I said it was worth the wait but 6 weeks ! You have to wonder what the excuse will be next week and the week after that ? iqforyou may have a point, maybe it's time to step up the Hell raising and demand a refund ? You never know the alloys might magically appear and if they don't you can get a sweeter set of rims with the refund check.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I keep hearing about Scion options being put on by the dealer. Here the dealer does nothing. It is all handled at the port upon arrival and then they go to a distribution center that doles the cars out to dealerships. I ordered mine the way I wanted it and they called the distribution center to see if they had some Hot Lava ones coming in. Then they put in order with same center to have the port put the options on when it rolled off the boat. So here the dealership is just the middle man taking the order.
My upgraded head unit was installed when it was in port in Montreal but everything else (lowering springs, fog lights and rear sway bar) was put on here at the dealership. Had my wheels showed up, they would have probably been installed here as well.

have you brought up them cutting you a check for the price of the wheels included in your purchase?
Yeah I did. I spoke with my salesman today and told him that if the wheels didn't show by the end of the week that I would be coming in for a cheque and a free spoiler. Apparently, he's pushing for a free spoiler (and installation) anyway. He called me just as I was about to leave work to tell me "your wheels are on our delivery manifest for this Friday" so I have made an appointment to drop the car off Monday and pick it up Tuesday "detailed and full tank of gas". If it falls through this time, I may just go postal.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Be patient, they are worth the wait.
In fact they are so nice, I like them better than any other alloys I have ever had.
The brake dust washes right off, and even when there is some on the wheels you can't see it!
They are really nice...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Be patient, they are worth the wait.
In fact they are so nice, I like them better than any other alloys I have ever had.
The brake dust washes right off, and even when there is some on the wheels you can't see it!
They are really nice...
I agree Micky. I like some aftermarket wheels but for factory alloys these are super nice. I can't wait to get them on the car.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Patience may bring it's own rewards....these dealers must be getting awfully unfomfortable by now, nevermind Scion with all their customer satisfaction surveys and such. The more time goes by, the more pressure they are under. Eventually, they start handing out lots of free stuff....sounds like that is happening.

One fine day those wheels will arrive...they are obligated....and I suspect Scion will go to great lengths to "make it right" so they can retain all the happy customers they can.

Those wheels are leverage. Be cool.....you'll have those wheels eventually...and every other option in the book.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Patience may bring it's own rewards....these dealers must be getting awfully unfomfortable by now, nevermind Scion with all their customer satisfaction surveys and such. The more time goes by, the more pressure they are under. Eventually, they start handing out lots of free stuff....sounds like that is happening.

One fine day those wheels will arrive...they are obligated....and I suspect Scion will go to great lengths to "make it right" so they can retain all the happy customers they can.

Those wheels are leverage. Be cool.....you'll have those wheels eventually...and every other option in the book.
You're absolutely right! And I'm milking it all I can. At the time I bought my car, I was told that one the spoilers were available (not sure why they weren't available at the time) that they would give me a discount price. Well, that discount price better be FREE now.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts