Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size are the wheels/tires? I am trying to get an idea of what is capable of fitting my car. I realize I could just to got Tire Rack but would rather hear from experience what fits.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
100 Posts
no. not at all. I just happened to have some spacers from my xB so I decided to put them on to see if they would fit. they did so I left em. But they are NOT needed. I put them on because I noticed that the front of the iQ is wider by .6 inches then the rear end. does't sound like much but I noticed. So when I was taking the winter tires off the xB to put my summer tires on I decided to take the front spacers from the xB and put them on the rear of the iQ. 8mm x 2 = about .6 inches. so it even'd it out with the front end. plus I figured the wider the stance the better for stability.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know if I would go as big as 18" rims. Do yours rub at all? Do you have lowering springs installed? Someone was telling me that a lot of Honda rims will fit our cars but I don't know a whole lot about that. The offset always throws me off also. I never know what I need exactly.

·
Registered
100 Posts
They do not rub at all and yes my iQ is lowered. Offset throws me to. ok heres the thing. the bigger the rim you get the thinner the tire. so even though they're 18inch rims if you put them side by side with the stock steelies they are the same height. since they're wider they will have a different offset then the stock steelies so they won't rub. so mine are 18inch rims and the tires are 215/35/R18 35 I believe is the height of the tire. so if I went 17's they would be 215/45/R17. thicker tire on a smaller rim. if I went bigger it would be like 215/25/R19. but thats a really thin tire and probably not the best ride. the 215 might change but I am not sure what the 215 is for... sooo. ya. I am not a tire expert. I just know some things. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They do not rub at all and yes my iQ is lowered. Offset throws me to. ok heres the thing. the bigger the rim you get the thinner the tire. so even though they're 18inch rims if you put them side by side with the stock steelies they are the same height. since they're wider they will have a different offset then the stock steelies so they won't rub. so mine are 18inch rims and the tires are 215/35/R18 35 I believe is the height of the tire. so if I went 17's they would be 215/45/R17. thicker tire on a smaller rim. if I went bigger it would be like 215/25/R19. but thats a really thin tire and probably not the best ride. the 215 might change but I am not sure what the 215 is for... sooo. ya. I am not a tire expert. I just know some things. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.
I'm no expert either however, I am aware of the bigger rim/smaller rubber thing. I had 17" rims on my Dodge SX with 215/40/17 Falkens for rubber. I'm just trying to get an idea of what size of rim/tire combinations would work with my car.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just wish there were more choices of wheels here with the 4x100 pattern and the right offset.

eBay UK has a great selection of wheels. The problem is the shipping is $300!

I also found a German website that had some really cool wheels. Google did not do a very good job of translating but I got a pretty good idea. I think it was called Musketier or something like that.

I guess I need to be patient. The car is still very new here.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.