Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased the factory fog light kit option from a dealer on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-SCION-IQ-FOG-LIGHT-KIT-/251068370618?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item3a74d74eba&vxp=mtr for $156.94 including freight. I just got them installed and have to say I am very pleased I chose to add this option. I am very surprised on how much additional light these throw off and how well they look and compliment the headlights in their shape and location.
If anyone decides to purchase this kit and install it themselves, send me a message and I will give a few pointers that may make the install go easier. The directions appear to have been recycled from an older install version (possibly on the Toyota IQ?) and reference a few errors that had me puzzled for a bit. Otherwise, an easier installation than what I had expected and I definately would not suggest paying the dealer to install these as the technical expertise, tools, and time were not difficult at all. This Scion dealer has 6 of these kits left and I would highly recommend this eBay seller based upon the price and quick shipping.
Getting the TRD springs and sway bar later this week and hope to post more photos soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looks great.

I was going to get these from ebay, instead of getting ripped off by the dealer, but the car I chose already had them installed, so I ended up getting ripped anyways. Oh well.

·
Registered
985 Posts
My iQ came with fogs and a few other things I might not have gotten, but like anyway. It was the first one off the truck and I was in no condition (especially after that test drive) to split hairs. No regrets whatsoever!

So here I am driving my dream car and my friends are paying three and four times as much for the same priviledge. Suckers!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Nice addition. I really enjoy using mine. I replaced the bulbs with HID 3K yellow and it really lights up nicely.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I Need some, where is your switch located in the vehcle guys and galls, oh maggiebite, your a canadian model with, wheres your switch dear.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The switch goes where the blanked out plate is located next to the USB input and traction control on/off switch to the right of the shifter. The switch comes with the kit and plugs into a wiring harness that is located behind this cover.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
The switch goes where the blanked out plate is located next to the USB input and traction control on/off switch to the right of the shifter. The switch comes with the kit and plugs into a wiring harness that is located behind this cover.
i am a canadian model and those spots are all taken up with trac control auto door lock ,usb and aux in,and my bluetooth button.i tried to show an image here but my computer would have none of it,there is one on here in amongst my thousands of started threads.LOL.so the switch is elswhere in canadian models.

·
Registered
507 Posts
i am a canadian model and those spots are all taken up with trac control auto door lock ,usb and aux in,and my bluetooth button.i tried to show an image here but my computer would have none of it,there is one on here in amongst my thousands of started threads.LOL.so the switch is elswhere in canadian models.
That is incorrect, my furry little friend. The switch is located next to the USB input on the console.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
very strange,all my spots there are used up,i believe taz thought cuzz it was the base head unit and you cant activate BT on it,i have a BT activate with volume up and down in that location,do you have the upgraded head unit miss maggiebite,if so that explains it,i wonder where mine would go if i got it?:confused:

·
Registered
584 Posts
So I wonder what the installers in Canada do if you order a Scion iQ with basic HU, BT, and fog lights? Maybe they just add a generic switch to the dash area for the lights... but that would not take advantage of the pre-wired harness for the switch... I would hate to think they run a separate wire for that or say you can't have those options together. Guess they could up-sell you on a premium HU...?

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
So I wonder what the installers in Canada do if you order a Scion iQ with basic HU, BT, and fog lights? Maybe they just add a generic switch to the dash area for the lights... but that would not take advantage of the pre-wired harness for the switch... I would hate to think they run a separate wire for that or say you can't have those options together. Guess they could up-sell you on a premium HU...?
im gunna pop into the dealer after work and have a booo in some other IQs,if i dont see my answer i will verbaly enquire.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I'd never have imagined there could be so many different configs of switch panels!

And concerning the foggies, I confess I do worry a bit about stone chips down there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'd ditch the power door lock switch and get the fog lights. There is already a power door lock switch on the driver's door, so the passenger can lock theirs manually if need be. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I'd ditch the power door lock switch and get the fog lights. There is already a power door lock switch on the driver's door, so the passenger can lock theirs manually if need be. LOL
i agree totally,and if i ever get off my wallet to purchase fogs,i will utilized that location,and yes i guess thats why the power lock panel is there,for the passenger who i HAVE had who HAS NOT ever touched the power lock button. but i do feel the bluetooth button in that location is a bit dangerous for the fact that you have to take your eyes off the road completely to use it.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
That is incorrect, my furry little friend. The switch is located next to the USB input on the console.
and to you miss maggiebite,the first human that has ever reffered to me as ,"their furry LITTLE friend'',i guess i WAS kinda incorrect,i was only considering my BASE borring model:p, was the one with such a configuration,so i am humbled to the fact that i have shit the bed,oooops,sorry folks,MADE A MISTAKE,thank you for being privy to my challenges.if you werent completely on the otherside of the world we would tilt a beer or 30,if your ever out this way,let me know and we could DOUBLE DATE......:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts