Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you mainly stay within the city fog lights won't be needed but if you happen to drive in darker area's outside of the city you might want to add them. You can never go wrong with having more light! + I think fog lights make the iQ look cooler.

·
Registered
985 Posts
For where I drive I would never consider fog lights essential, but my iQ came with them and I do like them alot. I have used them, too, and I find they are quite effective in fog and rain!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just ordered mine. I didn't buy them for function. I bought them because I think they make the IQ (or any car) look better. I should also be tinting my windows all around on Monday.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I have them and I really like them. I'm picking up HID bulbs and ballasts for them tomorrow. Going with a yellow color. I would say yes, get them!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys think it's cheaper to get them aftermarket rather than already on the IQ? I'm looking at a base model right now and working my way up from that.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
You guys think it's cheaper to get them aftermarket rather than already on the IQ? I'm looking at a base model right now and working my way up from that.
You can find them cheaper elsewhere but the price from the dealer also includes installation.

·
Registered
133 Posts
You can find them cheaper elsewhere but the price from the dealer also includes installation.
But....you can install them yourself and save yourself the money. So far, I've done all the installs on my 2010 xb (fog lights, alarm, spoiler, illuminated door sills, etc). Its fairly easy because the scions are premiered for all upgrades. Plus I usually buy my parts from kent brown Toyota in new York. They usually give me a better price shipped to CA.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But....you can install them yourself and save yourself the money. So far, I've done all the installs on my 2010 xb (fog lights, alarm, spoiler, illuminated door sills, etc). Its fairly easy because the scions are premiered for all upgrades. Plus I usually buy my parts from kent brown Toyota in new York. They usually give me a better price shipped to CA.
What did you pay for yours? The difference on the dealer invoice is $350. Seems steep for lights to me...

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I changed out the bulbs on my fog lights today to HID 3K. They now have a much brighter yellow light. I like it much better.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Very nice. What does a typical light change out cost? How much better visibility do you guys get on the road?
As with all products the cost will vary depending on the quality. The O-NEX lights run about $175 per pair. The difference in visibility is amazing.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Time for the total change out? How long should expect a pair to last?
That all depends on how handy you are at working on cars. I did it in a couple of hours, not being speedy at all.

I've never had an HID burn out so I'm not sure that the life expectancy is.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts