Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to get aftermarket wheels for my iQ and the Five Axis wheels look amazing. I know the stock tire will not fit on the rim, what tire size will I have to get?
Any other wheel recommendations?

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
The only wheels still being sold by FIVE:AD that will fit the iQ is the S6:F. It's an 18 inch wheel so you would need something like a 215/40/18 depending on how much rubber you want between your wheel and the road.

·
Registered
395 Posts
205/40/18 nitto neo gens tires is on mine which i believe is the least as the next one up is a little thicker tire from the wheel well,
but again not sure 100%.

1photo.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
What is the least amount of rubber i can have on the tire?
I am opposite to that statement. My question would be, what is the smallest wheel I could use with the most amount of rubber. Give me some balloon mudders with 14" or smaller wheels.

·
Registered
536 Posts
max 215/40/18 after you must change your speedometer (the MPH will be not good) for 18" of course.
215/35/19 for 19" or 215/30/20 for 20"

Spidious : 175/70/14 ... 5 per " ,so with 195/75/14 your speedometer is wrong ABS/ESP too...

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have a conversion post somewhere on the forum. You can put in the original size tire. Then determine what size tire would be closest. I can't get to it on my cell phone.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
The first number (225) is the width of the tire, the second number (40) is the percentage of the width that is made up by the sidewall, the third number (18) is the size of the wheel that the tire will be mounted on.

The second number is the one that determines how "thick" the tire will be. The larger the number, the larger the percentage of the width the sidewall will be. The larger the number, the more rubber you will be sitting on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I did the math and the 215/45-18 tire seems be the equivalent of the factory tire and wheel. A 225/40-18 ends up being a little less than 1/2" shorter than factory. I think you would have to stick with an 18 x 7 or 18 x 7.5 wheel though. If you went to an 18 x 8, a 215/45 tire might be a bit narrow.

·
Registered
395 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts