Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new wheels from FIVE:AD today. I chose the R6:F, 18X7.5 with a +45 offset. I'll be mounting them as soon as I pick out a set of tires and get my body kit back from the paint shop. For now they are safely stored in my garage. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice rims there. Plenty of time to get some good sealant/wax on them for protection. :)

Fish
For sure!

Very nice! I am planning to get the same ones too. 18" gunmetal.
I've seen the color in person and I assure you it's amazing. You will be very happy with them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I love these wheels, great choice, glad to see your going about modifying your iQ the "clean" way. What are are the two bolt patterns on those wheels?

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
iQtuner is correct. 4X100 & 4X114. They also offer them in 5X100 & 5X114.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mounted with TOYO tires and on the iQ!

·
Registered
98 Posts
From Wikipedia

In the United States, the Firestone recall in the late 1990s (which was linked to more than 100 deaths from rollovers following tire tread-separation), pushed the Clinton administration to legislate the TREAD Act. The Act mandated the use of a suitable TPMS technology in all light motor vehicles (under 10,000 pounds), to help alert drivers to severe under-inflation events. This act affects all light motor vehicles sold after September 1, 2007. Phase-in started in October 2005 at 20%, and reached 100% for models produced after September 2007. In the U.S., as of 2008 and the EU, as of 2012, all new models of passenger cars must be equipped with a TPMS.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does iQ have TPMS?? If so... do you have to take the stock ones out and put them in the new ones?
The iQ does have TPMS but I didn't move the sender units over to the new wheels. The valve stems are rather ugly and I don't need the system. I'm currently searching for a solution to the indicator light. A friend at Toyota says he can disable the system for forty bucks.

·
Registered
536 Posts
i don't know TPMS, what does it like on the car? i understand for the wheels but the dashboard?
we don't have this in Europe, unfortunatly...

·
Registered
159 Posts
i don't know TPMS, what does it like on the car? i understand for the wheels but the dashboard?
we don't have this in Europe, unfortunatly...
This is TPMS - Tire Pressure Monitoring System.

It is located in each tire. If the sensors detect that there is an abnormal tire pressure. A indicator will turn on at the dashboard.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts