Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't planning to pull the trigger quite this soon, but I came home last night in my new iQ!

The salesman I've dealt with before found me a deal I couldn't pass up. The car was titled for a rental fleet, but then never put into service. Because it had been titled, they had to sell it as used. It only had 21 miles on it!!! They gave me $2000 off the list price and a better than expected allowance for my Yaris in trade. WooHoo!!!

It's Magnetic gray with spoiler, alloy wheels, floor mats, rear speakers, and underseat storage drawer. I'll post pictures ASAP.

I'm loving it!!!

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Congratulations on your new iQ and for the great deal!

Looking forward to the pictures.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Congradulations ... a fantastic deal!!

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Congrats on the deal and being in the cool kids club.

To quote John McClaine...

·
Registered
985 Posts
So bear...have you taken delivery of your car yet? I imagine so and you're out motoring. :) I know it took me several weeks to arrange, edit, and rearrange my stuff to fit the iQ perfectly. A Miata and an iQ....that's classic stuff my friend!!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, all!

I took delivery on Wednesday night. I'm still juggling all my "stuff" to see how to fit my life into this new car. My Yaris had glove compartments everywhere, and this little guy has none. Oh, well... I'll make it work :)

Sorry I haven't posted any pictures yet. I fell at work the other day and hurt my left knee, shoulder, and wrist, so I haven't gotten around to doing as much as I'd like. Maybe this weekend...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finally have some pictures...

The last one was just after a little thunder storm. I liked the lighting with the rain.

Having a blast with the little bugger. I was out mucking with it the other day and a woman walking her dog stopped to ask about it. She said it was the cutest car she'd ever seen. A few moments later I guy on a bicycle gave me a thumbs up as he went by. My neighbor commented to me on the new car this afternoon - I told him it was the same car I had before, but it shrunk when I washed it. He got a good laugh out of that. :)

·
Registered
985 Posts
I'm still juggling all my "stuff" to see how to fit my life into this new car. .
You're right...the Yaris did have some great storage. It took me a few weeks to get everything where it needed to be, even longer to get patterns together for how I use the flexible space in the back half of my iQ. I found myself repurposing black computer bags and pouches for certain items. For a few things, I switched out a larger item for a smaller one that works just as well or better. As it is now, everything I need is in the car and the under-floor, drop-in container has nothing inside...that's where my jack and related tools will go when I add a spare for road trips.

Cargo pockets help, too. :)

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Visor organizers both cover my ugly irbag stickers as well as housing insurance cards, registration, spare pens and other bits and bobs. My aftermarket armrest almost never sees my elbow and exists mainly to contain my sunglasses, various USB and audio link cables and a microfiber cloth. The underseat compartment has other insurance and misc crap, as well as a cheap multitool and a USB rechargable flashlight (My cigarette lighter port houses a dual-slot USB charger adapter so I can charge three things at once, or more likely charge one or two and keep my thumb drive plugged into the sound system) the rear cargo bin has a nice scratchy wool army blanket (never leave home without one) one of those little mylar space blankets (takes like, no space but isn't very durable), jumper cables, a reflective vest and a collapsible gas can. With the seats up I have just enough room behind the hatch for a laptop bag and/or a nice slim tool kit

1 - 20 of 20 Posts