Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've got my IQ with TRD springs and I have put on my Kyowa 18" wheels with Falken 225/40/18 tires. It looks great. Now, I'm thinking about some of those anodized lug nuts. Is there any problem putting aluminum lugs on a steel wheel bolt? Do these lug nuts require more maintenance than a steel one? I know they look cool, I just want to know if there is so much maintenance involved, it's not worth it. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I don't believe that you can get the required torque on an aluminum nut.
They make steel anodized nuts... I am sure you can find some.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I'm running the Muteki lugs on mine. They are black so the upkeep is less than a brightly colored set. They can be used on a stock wheel.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well - yep TAZ I figured; these things are mass produced.
I believe the Gorilla tuner small-diameter system is built around five different available keys (splined sockets). Ditto for McGuard and such I suppose...

This is not very advanced-level security admittedly but short of carving your own custom nuts not much else can be done...

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Well - yep TAZ I figured; these things are mass produced.
I believe the Gorilla tuner small-diameter system is built around five different available keys (splined sockets). Ditto for McGuard and such I suppose...

This is not very advanced-level security admittedly but short of carving your own custom nuts not much else can be done...
That's one of the benefits of air-runner, once it's dropped it ain't moving. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts