Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's 16C here in balmy Nova Scotia (that's around 61F for you south of the border) so I decided to have a picture day with the iQ. I still don't have the alloy wheels here or installed yet but what the heck ya know? Anyway, I thought I would try to be a little "artsy" and take a close up of the Scion Emblem. (love this emblem, don't ya know!)

So, now I am looking through the pics and I notice the close up of the emblem... do you see what I see? The paint doesn't look smooth behind it. More like orange peel. Has anyone else noticed this? It's ...like weird because I can't really notice it when I am standing away from the car looking at it but up close you can definitely tell.

scionembl.jpg

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hmmm.... Just went out and looked at mine, Hot Lava too, and see the same thing. I wonder if the put the emblem on before they do something more with the paint?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder if other paint colours are like that? I hope it's not going to be an issue in the future.

·
Registered
584 Posts
With out taking off badge or picking at it, it appears to be a clear vinyl overlay. It has a rubbery feel and smooth top with pebbly texture below.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine is the same on my Hot Lava. Luckily my wheels came in on Thursday and are being installed on Monday. Can't wait!!!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mine is the same on my Hot Lava. Luckily my wheels came in on Thursday and are being installed on Monday. Can't wait!!!!
I feel your excitement! I took possession of my car two weeks ago and have been waiting for my wheels to come in since then. Last I heard they should be in on Monday so I'm pretty stoked also.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's also good to hear other cars are like that and not just mine. I had thought that maybe to ensure the emblem stayed on, the paint had to have some texture but they have glued emblems/decals on smooth paint before so that wasn't a good theory. lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
Same thing here... 2 things come to mind:

1) Does everybody else have "ultra guard" paint protector on theirs? wonder if maybe its from whenthe buffer 'threw' some into there and cant really detail it out of that spot?

2) wonder if maybe Scion learned a lesson in past vehicles with enthusiests taking their "advertising" off of the car that this is a way to try to keep it on by making it less than pretty?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts