Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though I have the 'upgrade audio' package I'm let down by the sound. Especially the Hear, Feel Modes or whatever Scion is calling them.

This seems like a decent plug and play install.

OEM Audio Plus | Audio System Upgrade | Scion iQ

I like the sub idea since that area is not really going to serve a purpose for hauling stuff.

Anyone know the timeframe for production? I've sent off an email for details.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are still in pre-production. They will announce availability in summertime. Count me in for one. Plug and play. I messed around with a system in my LX470 and would happily pay for something that is designed for the iQ. I upgraded to the Kicker Audio package in my SRT8 G.C and it was well worth it.

I can repair and refinish cars. I can't make a sub box if my life depended on it.

As for the deck and it's settings I'll mess with it tomorrow. I do wish the XM radio could store favourite songs so when they are played on other stations a notification pops up. My Pioneer Z-3 has that feature and it's handy.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The initial audio settings are very important.

My iQ was set for a different vehicle (tC I believe) and when I set it to iQ, it made all the difference in the world.
There is another thread that describes the process to get to the initial settings (sub, car type) I couldn't find it again where I read how to get into the power-on settings...

But anyway, The setup from the dealership consisted of setting my iPhone up (pairing the BlueTooth). That was it. I had to figure out how to get to the 'hear' and 'feel' settings myself, and even after I had maxed the bass and treble, set the fader to almost all rear, and then engaged the 'feel' mode, it was still pretty anemic and I wasn't satisfied.

After setting the power-on stuff to iQ as vehicle type, it made all the difference in the world! I could adjust the fader to the middle where I felt it should have been all along, and the stereo sounded WONDERFUL like I thought it was supposed to. Apparently the power-on vehicle type sets the equalization for the specific speakers installed, and personally I am pleased to be able to show off the stereo as one of the better sounding factory setups I have heard.

I would still like to install some sort of sub, but I have no clue as to where I would put it and still retain the fold-down seat arrangement....

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
As to the OEM Audio +, production date has not been set but someone around here will have the prototype pre production model installed in their iQ before the Toyotafest show in early May...

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
As to the OEM Audio +, production date has not been set but someone around here will have the prototype pre production model installed in their iQ before the Toyotafest show in early May...
is this,toyotafest in your neck of the woods,i dont think they do cool lioke that here in bc.BOOOOOOOOO.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
It's the Toyota Owners Restoration Club's annual show consisting of only Toyota's. I show both my iQ and my 1982 Toyota Pickup (with 40,000 original miles). It's my favorite show of the year.

Sorry to threadjack but here are a few pictures of the show in 2010. I missed last year because I was in Maui for a friends wedding.

My xB (has won Second Place Best xB twice)

My 1982 Pickup...

My wife and I at the show...

Kind of like having my own car model. =)

Threadjack over.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
And a model you can hug,NICE.your vehicles and wife are beutifull,and the hats killer as well.lovin the canopy on the 82.you probably would have taken first place BUT,THERE IS A SMALL microscopic speck of dust on the steering wheel of the XB,LOL.fanfu«•intastik, SCL.WROKON.peace.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.