Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still hanging out an Paris. Smart cars far outnumber the iQ.

Saw this bumper on one the other day and it does not stick out as much as I remember on mine. Since I don't have mine to compare perhaps you guys can look at yours and compare the difference.

If I could fit this set up in my suitcase I would.

20120709_103823.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
you are correct dan,we have a 2 inch lip where the hatch meets the bumper,i like that as well,even may shorten our IQs a wee bit,I LIKE THIS,here is a comparison for ya. bumper.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
In the US we have the rear crash bumpers that they don't have there. That's why ours stick out more.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Aston Martin's Cygnet seems to have a bit of a lip there, too....smaller than the U.S. version but larger than the first image.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It amazes me the lenghts car manufacturers go through in order to comply with various laws & regulations in different countries. No wonder you can't get some cars exported, it just wouldn't be worth the extra manufacturing costs. You figure in order to get our iQs global, Toyota has to manufacture at least 2 different interiors (left & right hand drive), 2 different engines, at least 2 different transmissions, 2 or 3 different bumpers, 2 different sets of headlights, along with who knows what else. We would all pay less for these cars if there was some sort of global system, unfortunately that's not going to happen any time soon.

·
Registered
985 Posts
It appears the Toyota iQ is 117.52 inches long and the Scion iQ is 120.1 inches long. I suspect all of that space is to be found in the bumpers.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
We have a larger front bumper too, just so this foam piece can fit in there. LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts