Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Added some LEDs, was going to go with strips under the headlights, but didn't care for the look. Picked these up at AutoZone. Once again the PIA was the tight spaces, especially the front bumper. I didn't feel like removing it to run a couple of wires. Still wary of popping all the tupperware and breaking a tab off, but I am learning where to pull.

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Photograph
Automotive parking light Grille Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The stock kit comes with lights, switch, and relay. All the rest (at least on the US ones) are prewired. So if you could come up with those pieces, you should be good.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Are they actually Daytime Running Lights though? Because if they come on automatically when the car does and either shut off or time out autoimatically when it;s off without flipping any switches then that's cool and might be able to count as DRLS for my insurance.

Hey, if USAA wants to cut me a discount for Daytime Running Lights, and I can rig up some Lights that run even in the Daytime...that counts, right? :p

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wired them into my cigarette lighter wire so they are only on when car is on. I have a switch in line just incase I want them off, but leave them on all the time.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They come with two bolts cast into the plastic body. I used a small saw to cut the plastic off flush at the embedded bolt head. Then I used the 3m double stick moulding tape to attach them to the lower grill area.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yeah, came out nice.............. can u make them go like left to right like KITT from knight rider ? Ya know change how they light up and move ???????

1 - 16 of 16 Posts