Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test drove the car so knew what i was getting myslef into, but being 6ft, I do find the driver's seat an inch or two too high. Has anyone had the same thoughts and come up with a lowering solutiom, even a permanent one? I had a look and ti seems that there is plenty of room to lower the seat but that the brackets are solid and the plastic panels on the side too. No chance of Scion offering a lowering kit I suppose. Is there such a thing for the Toyota in Europe/japan?

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
The Toyota iQ does have that adjustment in Japan and the UK from what I understand. The Scion owners manual even shows the option, it's a shame we didn't get it.

·
Registered
536 Posts
in the new 2012 IQ² in France height adjustment is OEM so it can be replace on our own car... it's a solution... and yes it's a shane at this price !

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I removed the passenger seat last night to get a look at the set up. No chance of lowering the stock seat. There is an air bag under the bottom section that is already close to the floor pan.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I am not sure with the airbag placement, but maybe a good upolsterer could shave some of the hight down. I think that would be cheaper than new seats.

·
Registered
64 Posts
All versions in Germany have since over 1 year height adjustment for the driver seat as standard (the cheapest version calld ZERO too) :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
All versions in Germany have since over 1 year height adjustment for the driver seat as standard (the cheapest version calld ZERO too) :eek:
Do you have airbags in the seats? There are two each seat here in the US.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Agreed (as do several of my NorCal Scion friends): Stock Scion seat pans are too high, and not just in the iQ. Its a Scion thing. With the wrongly-placed slide handle (should be at the inboard front lip of the seatpans), the non-adjustable headrest...I'm going for trash 'em and replace 'em with aftermarket seats. The air bag in them is only designed to work with those particular seats anyway, can loose it with the seats, no big.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Kill all lawyers. Problem solved.

Well having seen 4 of the 11 airbags laid bare they're just CO2 canisters on balloons with a fuze trigger. It can't be that hard to remove them and fake out the computer's query voltage with a simple RC circuit...any electrical engineers in the house with a multimeter?

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I will live with the seat I cannot adjust,them the brakes,oh actually,them the seats.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts