Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally made a new change on the interior. I had the door trim sections painted to match the car. They came out very nice. The radio pod/cover will go to the shop next for paint.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good thinkin where did you get the paint to match.body is hotlava? Very nice Personalization, i like this.
I got the idea when I saw that Toyota sells these painted to match in other markets.

Since I did not want to break one taking it off, I bought two new ones from the dealer and dropped them off at the body shop with my paint code. Paint/labor was $80. The parts are $20 each. Turns out they just pop off like all the other parts so I really could have saved the $40 on the new parts.

I was going to do the same with the radio cover but that part was $130! I already know it just slides off so I will drive around for a day or two with no cover while it is being painted.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Thanks for sharing and giving me the idea,i will do my 3 pieces sattan black this weekend,i havent even been thinkin interior stuff,ive added a between the seat storage bin and thas it, time for some ballance,im going to start lookin at interior,heck,its only going to cost me 18$ for paint,YOU have opened up a whole new can of worms.LOL.im doin it.saturday.pics to follow

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I like that mod. Brings the whole car together. Looking forward to seeing the interior pieces completed. A suggestion, how about painting the switch plate covers in the doors to match as well?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've been thinking 'bout velveting/furring up my door panels to match the rest of the snow leopard mess I've made, but it don't look easy. I see lots of small parts, a padded armrest, switch mounts, speaker covers, and there's that pesky "bottle" holder that could get messy with the fur lining. Any tips/tricks/demos on door dis-assembly/ modding/ re-assembly would be welcome. My NorCal Scion crew says to reserve at least a weekend for EACH door. Thoughts?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I got the idea when I saw that Toyota sells these painted to match in other markets.

Since I did not want to break one taking it off, I bought two new ones from the dealer and dropped them off at the body shop with my paint code. Paint/labor was $80. The parts are $20 each. Turns out they just pop off like all the other parts so I really could have saved the $40 on the new parts.

I was going to do the same with the radio cover but that part was $130! I already know it just slides off so I will drive around for a day or two with no cover while it is being painted.
Might be a dumb question, but should any body shop be able to do this, or did you go to a specialty/customs shop? I'd love to paint the door pulls and radio cover.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.