Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to take apart the door panel so I can custom paint the black handle to match the outside paint and do some lighting. Anyone done this yet or know of a guide on how to do it? I also need to take off the trim around the stereo that is black and red and the silverish part as well so I can paint those etc. so I need a guide for that to if possible. Anyone know where I can find this info? If not I will figure it out myself I guess.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I know you are going to laugh at this but, grab and pull. Everything on the iQ just pulls off. The cover piece on the door panel you want to remove to paint simply pulls off. The frame around the head unit can be pulled off as well.

Pull the small silver triangle shaped piece with the blower know by grabbing at the edges and pulling towards you. There are two connectors that need to be separated, set that piece aside. Pull up by placing your fingers on the rear of the piece surrounding the head unit. It will come right off. There is a connection on that to separate as well. That's all there is to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts