Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got my iQ!

When I first saw the commercials, I fell in love with the Hot Lava iQ. I *love* orange and I've always wanted an orange car. I guess this year is the year of the orange and I've found so many other new other orange cars in the road. None compared to how adorable the iQ is.

Anyway, I was compelled to register because of the MPG thread. I currently drive a Vios aka Yaris Sedan and it gets at least 35mpg (EPA rated 29/36, 32 combined) I've been tracking the MPG since I bought it five years ago. I don't write it down and keep records though, I just do the calculations when I get the receipt. I am buying the iQ through my credit union and I am now having second thoughts because MPG is one of the reasons I chose it. I was also in the waitlist for a Habanero Prius C. My credit union told me that they could get it at MSRP but I'd have to wait til July. Up until they launched the orange color, I hated the Prius design. I digress.

The iQ is now waiting to be picked up at my CU and I just need to sign the paperwork. Unfortunately, I could not take time off from work today so it's going to have to stay there 'til Monday. I'm surprised at how easy they got the car. I realized that Scion is pure pricing so buying it from my CU was a better dea for mel. They currently offer a free license plate frame (my CU is associated with the university I graduated from), the rate was great even without a co-signer and $0 down.

Update: I picked up my iQ this morning! It had 6 miles yay!

Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
92 Posts
Welcome! I had a really hard time picking a color, so you're lucky that you have a favorite. (Its weird, orange is my favorite color - the inside of my house is painted orange - but I chose the white because I've never been able to have a white car due to deep snow issues).

Its so much fun to drive! I've been averaging 39.5 mpg - but my commute is PERFECT for this car. Slow, windy back roads. My numbers go down if I take a steeper trek or the highway - but its still usually around 36.

·
Registered
985 Posts
When I first saw the commercials, I fell in love with the Hot Lava iQ.
I understand. The first iQ pics I saw were of a Blizzard Pearl Toyota iQ (that was before Hot Lava was introduced). I never quite got over those pics, and an obsession was born. Lucky for me the first iQ off the truck here was a Blizzard Pearl. I test drove it and it was sitting in my driveway that evening. Gotta watch out for those promotional pics!!!

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Congratulations on your new iQ to be. Welcome to the forums. I think you'll like it here.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! Feel so welcomed already and I haven't picked up mine yet

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you! I love it! Already have so many stuff planned for it... wish I had the money to do it all haha

·
Registered
181 Posts
I average 35 mpg...but I love gunnin' it too much. Still that rocks for leadfoot drivin'! I've seen it cruise a flat freeway at 70 mph, 2k rpm, and 56 mpg.

Gratz on the new ride! Now get to the mod scheming...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts