Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help on finding the hot (positive) side to tie in 4 LEDs I put in the rear cargo area. Tided the 4 into 1 and grounded back of the car and ran one hot to the front but need the color of the positive. Want to have them come on with the sorry stock dome light. Does any one know how many or much the stock set up could handle? Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
542 Posts
You need to have power to them and the dome light will supply a ground to them. You can find the connector behind the A piller on the drivers side. Just hook up a test light to power, and stick it in the connector till lights up. Close the door to verify you have the right connection. After it is hooked up, they will come on and then fade out just like the dome light. I also installed a small togle switch that grounds out so i can turn them on without opening the door..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I poked as many wires as I could and only found the door pin ground wire so I only have rear lighting when the doors are open. Can some one give me the dome light ground color and which bunch of wires that it is in. PLEASE HELP !!!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
542 Posts
The connector is the only one behind the "A" piller. Where the side airbag is located. The plug in is about half way down the beam. Can't remember the colors. But one side is power all the time. The other side is the ground for the dome light. In order to utilize them you will have to have the power to your lights. And then the ground to the ground at that connector.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Pull off the cover at the top A piller. That is the one above the dash on the left side. It is a connector half way up. You can't miss it !
You must not be following what I say...........

It is the GROUND for the dome light..........

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this has been a repetitive question...but can someone please post a picture of where the actual wires for the dome lights connections are? Sorry, but I'm having a difficult time locating it. Novice here. lol Please help.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Read my thread,"donnyrays auto dimming mirror installation". The constant hot is black & the dome light ground is white. My IQ is a 2013. The black/white wire seems to be a constant ground. These 3 wires are located behind the A pillar cover located on the drivers side .

·
Registered
818 Posts
Read my thread,"donnyrays auto dimming mirror installation". The constant hot is black & the dome light ground is white. My IQ is a 2013. The black/white wire seems to be a constant ground. These 3 wires are located behind the A pillar cover located on the drivers side .
Yeah, the black was the hot and the solid white the ground for the door/dome light. I just tapped directly into the stock LED dome light and fished the wires through, it works perfect! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.