Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
and then I saw it wasnt available in yellow / green. Its beyond effing absurd that this car is not for sale in any more vibrant colors. It is marketed directly to youthful and urban lower income demographics. Those people are the most interested in owning and showing off ostentatiously colored vehicles. I cannot understand how or why you would choose to do something so absurd, especially considering the IQ looks amazing in yellow / green. I don't want a fiat, I don't want a smart car, I don't want a mini, I want an IQ the same color as picture at the top of this forum. I drive trucks, exclusively, and have NEVER owned a car, and NEVER given a flying fark what color anything I own is, it's about it's functionality. I have also NEVER purchased a new vehicle, ever. I was willing to go out and bu a new scion IQ because it just looked so damn good, in yellow and green. I should also note I sell cars trucks and motorcycles for a living, and have for 10 years, and will continue to do so for the remainder of my life in all probability. there's thousands of people a year that will never hear about how awesome the IQ is because I am not going to buy one in some color that makes it look like a handbag, and I am not going to pay to have one repainted.

thats all. such a shame. hopefully I'm wrong, but I cannot find mention of any yellow or hot green color anywhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ps - I also wanted to put a supercharged 4 liter v6 in it and convert it to a rwd sleeper. honestly i probably would have bought 2, one to build as stated above, and one to put a motorcycle engine, so I could race them against one another. I have a shop, and love custom builds. this car speaks to me, in the right color.

·
Registered
536 Posts
ps - I also wanted to put a supercharged 4 liter v6 in it and convert it to a rwd sleeper. honestly i probably would have bought 2, one to build as stated above, and one to put a motorcycle engine, so I could race them against one another. I have a shop, and love custom builds. this car speaks to me, in the right color.
if you can do this you can repaint it in Yellow ....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ah the old "Be one of us by being none of us" Scion mantra.

Want a Kermit-the-paint job? Just do it! Nike it in vinyl, like the man said.
Buy a base white one, especially if you're gonna gut the engines anyway.

I'm in no position to complain about taste: I just pimped my interior 70's disco leopard pattern.

Honestly I get the feeling your whole engine rant is just a fantasy, having already stalled out over mere color. The stock engine isn't the best at any one thing (power, efficiency, durability, maintainability, mod-ability) but after a gaggle of Japanese engineers sweated the compromises, I doubt any of us will ever do any better overall for the space.

I've seen a few engine swaps and RWD conversions of an iQ. I have to say I think they all ruined the essence of the car. If you add up their scores on my five criteria, they fall far short of the stock's sum total. Typically they add a bit of power (and lots of weight, if not the engine then all the adapter brackets), and everything else falls on the floor.

Stock engine for me...although I am investigating supercharger options and waiting for a turbo kit.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Give it time. Scion does their Release Series every year. I mentioned in another post that the first Release Series would probably be red. Since the car is available in red in every other market, I will bet money on it.

In Europe and Japan, they call Black Currant by the name Amethyst. I found the color code of Amethyst and it is exactly the same as Black Currant. They sell the same exact colors but with different names. I think that is how someone got a light blue one with a different color name.

The xB had yellow and green as Release Series cars. The tC is out in yellow now.

I am very happy with my Amethyst. There are not many cars out there in this color.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was a bit disappointed in the colors too. This is my summer car - so I wanted something light (I love the Black Currant/Amethyst, though). I ended up with white and I LOVE IT. I have a black/white/grey dog - so I'm 'pimping' mine out with a spotted cow interior.

I would have jumped on a yellow one, though. Love me some "black and gold".

·
Registered
985 Posts
Actually, I'm a bit surprised the iQ comes in any colors at all....it seemed early on that white, silver and black were all that was being discussed in keeping with a more Japanese design ethic. Y'all are lucky you got Hot Lava so just be happy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If anyone is interested I have a hot lava IQ that does not fit in my garage & I'm trying to sell it. When I bought it they only had three, whote, gray & the orange(hot lava). Anyone needing info contact me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.