Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the pleasure of spending the day at DC Sports and having the prototype of their intake for the iQ installed and run on the dyno. The intake is a short ram type with super easy installation. Mine is chrome but the finished product will have a silver powdercoated finish.

Andy Tran and William Law from DC Sports did the installation. Here are some pictures and the dyno information.

The DC Sports warehouse.

Off to run the dyno tests...

The results...

It appears the intake made improvements in both horsepower and torque. I am unable to provide a "seat of the pants" review yet, I have the stock air box back in so I can have the intake powdercoated to match the soon to arrive Tanabe USA strut tower bar. Once I get the intake back in a play with it I'll let you know my impressions.

The DC Sports intake will be in production and delivered to the states soon.

Many thanks to Jimmy, Andy and William along with all the other great people at DC Sports.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Very nice! Once it's installed again make us a sound clip. I really want to do this but I'm afraid it will void my 100k extended factory warranty.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It looks great Taz. Thanks for the pictures.

Your iQ is so low, even with the wheel stockers, it still looks great.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Looks darn close to the one I have on. I wonder just how much of a improvement mine would have on a dyno ?
Maybe they can compare cold air kits to see which one has the best flow/performance !

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
i dont think there is much of a choice but to look very close for the fact there aint much room to plumb it differently,i allso notice that on the one from DC sports has no visible welds,very clean.:cool:

·
Registered
536 Posts
wahooooo , nice and more power !!!
no with this you may have 116CV

Taz they give you a price idea?

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wahooooo , nice and more power !!!
no with this you may have 116CV

Taz they give you a price idea?
Not yet, I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Great dyno data to have! Thanks for posting it! Weapon-R just sent me on my merry way, no labcoat test. No doubt same part, same boost.

·
Registered
120 Posts
When you put in the cold air intake, what do you do with the oxygen sensor? I noticed it is connected to the air box and that is what is currently stopping me from installing a cold air intake.

·
Registered
540 Posts
They both have a section where you can relocate the MAF sensor.
The oxygen sensor has nothing to do with the air intake, it is in the exhaust system.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Maybe air temperature sensor ? But that is actually located near the center of the radiator in front of it on the brace.
Does it look like the picture below ? That is the MAF sensor in the photo.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It probably was that sensor. Weird though because i went to the Desno website and typed in the number on the part and it came back as an oxygen sensor.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Probably wording. It does sense oxygen in a sense oxygen air flow. Many manufactures and after market stores call the same part by different names. Always makes it fun trying to get the part you want.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do we know anything on a release date or price on this intake yet? I ordered a Injen from CARID and they keep pushing the estimated ship date out furthur and further, not very happy about it. I know they are a site sponsor but the service doesn't seem to be stellar at this point. Anybody have an issue with them, please let me know.

John

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Do we know anything on a release date or price on this intake yet? I ordered a Injen from CARID and they keep pushing the estimated ship date out furthur and further, not very happy about it. I know they are a site sponsor but the service doesn't seem to be stellar at this point. Anybody have an issue with them, please let me know.

John
this is not the first issue i have heard of with them,just cuzz they are a sponsor doesnt mean they are exemplary in there dealings,and is great to share our experience,negative or positive,i am allso waiting to hear more on the dc intake.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
According to DC Sports it won't be too much longer. No price point yet.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Ok so more power.....does that mean your MPG takes a hit ?.....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts