Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I find my torso slides out of the seat,often.mainly durring cornering of course.

·
Registered
49 Posts
A couple things come to mind...

First, the saddle bag in front of the "airbag?"

Second, I wonder if an upholsterer can replicate the seats?

Just a thought.

-Kooler

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are currently no Cyngets in the USA. If you browse UK Ebay, you can see some used ones selling for $40k-$50k USD. USED. I have heard the Cygnets are due to arrive in the USA in the next few months, and they are trying to get them under $40k.

With that in mind, Aston Martin makes the best seats for any automobile available, and hand-made seats with the best leather are always very expensive. I'd be happy to see any aftermarket seats (not just Aston Martin) available for purchase (I've seen dozens in the customized iQs online).

Who can find any seats that will work in the iQ?

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
There are currently no Cyngets in the USA. If you browse UK Ebay, you can see some used ones selling for $40k-$50k USD. USED. I have heard the Cygnets are due to arrive in the USA in the next few months, and they are trying to get them under $40k.

With that in mind, Aston Martin makes the best seats for any automobile available, and hand-made seats with the best leather are always very expensive. I'd be happy to see any aftermarket seats (not just Aston Martin) available for purchase (I've seen dozens in the customized iQs online).

Who can find any seats that will work in the iQ?
I should have an answer (and pictures) later this week.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The headrest is set at a horrible angle, is not adjustable AT ALL and at least to me is quite literally a pain in the neck. Replacing the front seats with 5-point harness-compatible racing seats is very high priority on my mods list. I'd order them today if I could find a pair I like that fit. Anybody have a link to an iQ-compatible supplier?

·
Registered
985 Posts
I must be ergonomically aligned to whatever standard Toyota used for seat design because I think they fit perfectly. Still, I have friends with various assorted proportions and, hearing of their woes, I can sympathize.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I must be ergonomically aligned to whatever standard Toyota used for seat design because I think they fit perfectly. Still, I have friends with various assorted proportions and, hearing of their woes, I can sympathize.
I'm wondering why my office chair has 18 adjustment controls and a whole catalog of available custom-sized parts, whereas my car chair has 2 adjustment controls, no optionally sized parts, and weighs (and costs) about as much as my office chair does. I.M.O. the stock Scion iQ seats are only marginally more "ergonomic" than a ye-olde'-time schoolhouse desk. Heartell they were designed more for whiplash abatement in front or rear collisions than actual day-2-day driving.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
And like I have said,upon cornering I slide right out of the seat,i do not like them either.

·
Registered
64 Posts
About the saddle bag <> airbag:
The Toyota iQ and the AM Cygnet have NO passenger knee airbags - so no conflict saddle bag <> airbag in front of the passenger lower knee part

·
Registered
985 Posts
upon cornering I slide right out of the seat
This being the case, it does not look like those Cygnet seats would help much either. I look forward to seeing what you all come up with....would any of the racing iQs out there provide inspiration?

·
Registered
117 Posts
The seats are not the best for cornering but I have no back pain issues with them. I have an extremely sensitive back after a serious injury and I do not have any pain from these seats at all. I had a new Hyundai Elantra as a rental a few months ago and the seats were like a torture device. After just 5-10 minutes, I was in agony.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts