Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
I decided to drive on a county road by where I live. I dogged my iQ and drove very aggressively entering corners hard and everything. I will say the chassis is amazing, the steering though quick lacks feel. however back to the point, after doing that my iQ CVT did have a whine noise that was mildly loud, however after about 10 minutes of going back to normal driving it went away. I think it is simply because the fluid got hot. I am no expert at all though. I will say even though i was going at what seemed like crawling speeds I had the biggest smile on my face.

· Registered
45 Posts
I can say I have experienced this whine, It seems like on long drives at 70 mph on highway it will whine and more noticeable at slower speeds. I have had to take my iQ because when on a hill I would give it gas and the car was struggling to go and when it did it took off. When that happened it was whining, All the dealership did was replaced fluids and said that it didnt appear to have any problems, it still happens every now and then. I dont know what causes it. just my too sense

1 - 2 of 2 Posts