Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw a video where they pull a (Toyota) iQ into a parallel parking space crosswise, like it was a normal space.

Anyone else done anything like that or crazier? I'd imagine there aren't a lot of ten-foot-wide parallel parking slots out there, but that would be a pretty sweet trick.

·
Registered
584 Posts
The smart car and the iQ were designed to park bumper in on a parallel spot to fit more cars in. I haven't tried it here, police would probably write me a ticket for improper parking, I am not good-old boy enough to get away with such things.

When I was in Rome I saw parking that was crazy. Bumper touching bumper. I asked how they get out and the reply was they just wait for their neighbour to move, no big deal, sit back and wait. I envy that mentality.

·
Registered
536 Posts
or they bump your car ever and ever until they can go (most realy Italian do) and when you go back, you find your sweety car destroy
people don't care about other car, so i don't recommend this parking method

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've parked in between 2 horribly parked cars, a Merc and an Audi, fit perfectly in between them both and I'm pretty sure I blocked the passenger door of one and the driver door of the other. When I came back both cars were gone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts