Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So within the last week on 2 ocassions my IQ has stalled out, both times were after backing up and coming to a stop to put it in drive?Yesterday a few times upon accelerating from a stop it sputterd bad and laboured to get going, bad gas? It goes in next sat. The fine fella at the dealership looke on the computer to see of any common issues, there was a note about starting issues, excesive cranking before startup, not my issue but thought i would add that.My check engine does not come on.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mrgib.today i will be filling it, so i will see and let ya know.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Let us know if your issue is resolved. I fill up at Costco and Arco and i have not had a single problem with my iQ. Im pushing 8k so idk if my car will follow and if this might lead to a recall :(

·
Registered
196 Posts
My Mini Coop did this crap when the gas cap was loose.......new emissions system stuff.pulls a vacuum on the tank....If the cap is on wrong (leaking) it throws a CPU fault

·
Registered
989 Posts
Let us know if your issue is resolved. I fill up at Costco and Arco and i have not had a single problem with my iQ. Im pushing 8k so idk if my car will follow and if this might lead to a recall :(
It's not really a partcular brand, but more so the particular location.....you have a problem with
the gas from a particular place when water gets in to their undeground tank and then gets pumped
into your tank. This underground tank problem can be caused by a leak of some sort, or when they
let the gas get to too low a level in the tank. Water floats on top of gas, but the gas is pumped out
from the tank bottom....so when that level gets too low, it starts pumping water that was on top the
gas along with the gas.

·
Registered
584 Posts
It's not really a partcular brand, but more so the particular location.....you have a problem with
the gas from a particular place when water gets in to their undeground tank and then gets pumped
into your tank. This underground tank problem can be caused by a leak of some sort, or when they
let the gas get to too low a level in the tank. Water floats on top of gas, but the gas is pumped out
from the tank bottom....so when that level gets too low, it starts pumping water that was on top the
gas along with the gas.
I have also hear "don't get gas when or soon after they get a delivery." Theory is the new gas stirs up any contaminants in the holding tank.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I have also hear "don't get gas when or soon after they get a delivery." Theory is the new gas stirs up any contaminants in the holding tank.
Very true....and I believe that water would be considered one of those contaminants among others,
but at least water will not mix in and always float on top....
My dad ran a Mobil station for 25 years... Mobil is a quality gas, but water still got in to his
underground tank a couple of times...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts