Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got it installed. Not to bad to install. I will try and post suggestionsYou will need to remove the battery, tray, hold down, platform below it, the air box (only half can be removed, the other half is part of the radiator fan shroud) the air inlet tube.Put the long air tube down the slot that the original one was, just in front of where the battery mounts. Have it go down and then come back up on the left side. Put the inlet of the air filter on the plastic tube first. Not as in the instructions. Mount the chrome tube assembly to the air inlet, then the air filter to it. You can see the support brace just to the left of the battery. Use the smaller clamp of the air filter outlet to put the brace on.Before installing the battery. Bring the plastic air tube up to almost the top of the hood area and put a 90° bend and point it towards the center of the car.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
i am curious if it gives you that CAI sound from under the hood,thats all i care about ,if yes,i will order one imediateley,thanks dude,may i ask how much$$$$

·
Registered
117 Posts
I am guessing it will be sound only. Since the intake is still directly in the engine compartment with no shielding of any kind, the air charge is not going to be any cooler. In my tC, the CAI tubing ran down to a spot behind the front bumper cover, completely outside the engine compartment. You could feel a hp increase after the install and the engine seemed to be a bit happier.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I am guessing it will be sound only. Since the intake is still directly in the engine compartment with no shielding of any kind, the air charge is not going to be any cooler. In my tC, the CAI tubing ran down to a spot behind the front bumper cover, completely outside the engine compartment. You could feel a hp increase after the install and the engine seemed to be a bit happier.
agree.and thats all i would expect.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am still trying to figure out how to get cold air in. With out having it so low that you run the risk of air or snow intake.

I have to pull it apart to oil the filter, I forgot last night.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OMG.
Just drove it.
Really hate it !
Why.
Because it sounds so good now at both ends. That I can see myself not driving it like a old person to get good gas mileage.
I will do my best to stay off the gas pedal and see if it increased the mileage any. But no guarantees on that.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
omg.
Just drove it.
Really hate it !
Why.
Because it sounds so good now at both ends. That i can see myself not driving it like a old person to get good gas mileage.
I will do my best to stay off the gas pedal and see if it increased the mileage any. But no guarantees on that.
ha ha .

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is a video I took while getting on the on ramp. Taken on my iphone....

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Here is a video I took while getting on the on ramp. Taken on my iphone....

BIG SOUND,little car,love hearing the swithing points,doesnt sound like a CVT trans.kinda like a regular auto and standard,ITS A HYBRID,spread the news,lol.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
It does sound nice. You changed your exhaust too correct?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Only thing different on the exhaust is the tips. Still has the stock muffler..

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Cool. Nice beefy sound for a little car.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'd like to know how the mpgs were affected, whether positive or negative. Post up. I'd like to add this intake to my iq. Like the sound.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts