Scion IQ Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
After spending about a week researching different types of OBD readers and watching youtube videos, I went with the "Autel MaxiScan MS300 CAN Diagnostic Scan Tool for OBDII Vehicles" Less than $20 on Amazon.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Good choice...unfortunately, I have three Toyota's (Tundra, Corolla, iQ) and rarely get to use the thing! (Just that one time when I washed the iQ engine and set a few codes off!!)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 IQ "No Cruise" The Trac Off and check engine lights came on and I limped it home as it had no power. The dealer said it was the TPS sensor located on the gas pedal. They replaced it and it ran fine, then a couple of days later I backed it out of the garage to get my scooter out and later that day it wouldn't start so I could put it back in the garage. I guess I need to have it towed back to the dealer unless anyone has any suggestions.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm considering the Rostra cruise control, but I've read that if you don't get a good soldered power connection you'll get trouble lights and other problems and void your warranty from Rostra. I installed similar cruise control on my xB about 10 years ago and it's still working, but I've had to adjust the linkage a couple times. The iQ throttle is electric, so it's different.

The only bad Toyota I've had was a used 2006 RAV4 V6 Limited I got at CarMax. It leaked transmission oil, and my dashboard would light up like a Christmas tree about once a month. One time it was loose gas cap, but the others were ABS. All those lights come on at a time and the cruise control would quit working. It would reset itself, but it was a pain in the butt and I got rid of that car.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
771 Posts
BigBlue, the instructions for the Rostra unit have something left to be desired. I emailed them regarding the issues, but I haven’t gone back to check if they fixed them. User felkers was considering it if you would like to PM him, but I think decided against it. Yes, instructions clearly state to solder that one connection. (I’m not confident enough to do a good solder job in all honesty).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Interesting. This just happened to me this morning. Got in, started it up, and the check engine lite was on and also the trac control Off light was on. First thing I did was check the gas cap. It was loose. tightened it up and drove to the dealership. The dude double checked my gas cap, told me to drive about 30 miles and the lights might go off. So that's what I did. Except as I was driving I also noticed my eco light was not working. So I turned around and will be calling the dealership as soon as I get done here. Hopefully all these things are interconnected somehow. I hoping if they just clear the light everything else will clear up too.
What was the problem did you ever find out?

41 - 49 of 49 Posts