Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the car back from 5000 mi. service and drove about 75 miles over the next few days. The Check engine light came on, and the Traction control OFF light came on. Took it back in and now the dealer tells me the gas pedal sensor is bad and it will take "about" a week to get the parts. Anyone else hear anything on this happening to others? BTW I did have the dealer install cruise control at initial delivery.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Thats the 1st I have heard of that, & im sorry to hear about that. Thats crazy how long its going to take them to get the part...must be coming from Japan? I just got done with my 10k mile service and at about 11k total now. I didnt have the cruise installed though, wish I had!! But, I was thinking about buying the kit online and installing it myself, but $300 is a hefty price for cruise lol!

·
Registered
268 Posts
First I've heard, as well. I hope they, at least, gave you a free loaner or rental car while the Q is in the shop! (They don't like to, cause they're cheap, but if you insist they usually relent.)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First I've heard, as well. I hope they, at least, gave you a free loaner or rental car while the Q is in the shop! (They don't like to, cause they're cheap, but if you insist they usually relent.)
Got a loaner with no problems. Can't see why the part should take so long to get the part though if it is available stateside according to prior post.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Mine did the same thing. But the dealership refused to work on it because it had add on cruise. They had run into a similar one in California that set the same code. And spent a lot of time checking it out to find out it was the cruise control causing the poor connection at the gas pedal. I took mine out and have not had any problems since..

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
Mine did the same thing. But the dealership refused to work on it because it had add on cruise. They had run into a similar one in California that set the same code. And spent a lot of time checking it out to find out it was the cruise control causing the poor connection at the gas pedal. I took mine out and have not had any problems since..
I recently installed a cruise control on IQ4me's IQ I noticed that the company had made changes to the kit vs pics of older versions I have seen on the forum. I believe the aftermarket cruise control company may have worked out the bugs from the initial kits, at least lets hope so :)

·
Registered
818 Posts
I was thinking of eventually installing the cruise control on my iQ because i do so much highway driving, but after this thread Im having 2nd thoughts...probably just save my $300 and put it toward something else....

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I was thinking of eventually installing the cruise control on my iQ because i do so much highway driving, but after this thread Im having 2nd thoughts...probably just save my $300 and put it toward something else....
Like a heavier shoe. =)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm loving my cruise control, no issues whatsoever. Airbagged is correct, the install instructions on this cruise control were a little different from those depicted on the cruise control install thread. Coming up to my 10,000 mile service so we'll se if anything changes after that. I believe the cruise control has really helped improve mpg. I'm now in the 39/40mpg consistently.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'm loving my cruise control, no issues whatsoever. Airbagged is correct, the install instructions on this cruise control were a little different from those depicted on the cruise control install thread. Coming up to my 10,000 mile service so we'll se if anything changes after that. I believe the cruise control has really helped improve mpg. I'm now in the 39/40mpg consistently.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
That was my original intentions for getting it, so I could get a more consistant speed on the highway for better MPG. I average about 36 on the highway now, but 39-40 would be great!!! Decisions, decisions.....hmmm lol!

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
I can't live without my cruise...I paid $90.00 for the install and had it done at the dealer. It in no way affected the warrenty, I guess you could say it protected it.

Product Font Material property Magenta Parallel

·
Registered
351 Posts
I can't live without my cruise...I paid $90.00 for the install and had it done at the dealer. It in no way affected the warrenty, I guess you could say it protected it.

View attachment 2925
Just to clarify, did you buy your cruise control then have them install it for $90? or did they provide the cruise control and install for only $90?

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Sorry guys, I should have clarified it better.....The cruise control cost $300.00 and it was $90.00 for the install. Tri State wanted to wack me for more money until I told them I'd order the unit myself at a better price and have them install it. They agreed on $390 total for the unit and installation.

Handwriting Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting. This just happened to me this morning. Got in, started it up, and the check engine lite was on and also the trac control Off light was on. First thing I did was check the gas cap. It was loose. tightened it up and drove to the dealership. The dude double checked my gas cap, told me to drive about 30 miles and the lights might go off. So that's what I did. Except as I was driving I also noticed my eco light was not working. So I turned around and will be calling the dealership as soon as I get done here. Hopefully all these things are interconnected somehow. I hoping if they just clear the light everything else will clear up too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have the new cruise control too... but this morning it did the same thing mike1948 described. So from my veiw point the problem from the manufacturer has not been addressed or fixed.
Mine is still good after the repair at 5K. 11.5k now. Will keep you up to date if it fails again.

Mike

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cool thanks...did you replace the cruise control and the scion wire assembly? Im going to try a new cruise control to see if that fixes the issue. Did you reset the "check engine light" yourself or did you have the dealership do it?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts