Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love everything about my iQ but the color of the gauges is something I could do without. I would like to turn them LED white or blue. As I have no experience with electrical modifications, I require assistance with how and what to use to change the color of the fuel gauge speedometer and rev counter as well as the basic head unit of the car from orange to another color. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
They are LED's and all of them can be changed. You'll need a steady hand and some mad soldering skills.

Mine are going to be done by LEDMods.com in Anaheim. We are trying to find time in between all the car shows to take it apart and change them.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Taz, you've found somewhere/one that can do it then.... Cant wait for the pictures. There's only one led/light that needs extra care, other than that fairly stright forward.

Fish

·
Registered
536 Posts
i follow this tread with interest, when we know what sort of led there is on dashboard i can buy it for replacement ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I also have had a cluster swap done. I did not like the amber lights at all and went from a blue/white combo.

Had a buddy of mine do it. Basically he took about the housing and soldered off the amber LEDs and soldered on the blue and white ones. It looked pretty tedious and should only be done by someone who knows what they are doing.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Looks very nice. I like that combination of colors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts