Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my basic carbon fiber kit today. My order was the black/orange fiber. The pieces stuck to the shipping cardboard very tight, but with careful peeling it was fine. I used all the pieces except the center column so far. I am still debating on if I will use it or not.
SAM_1369.jpg SAM_1370.jpg
For the installation I just wiped the area down with regular 70% alcohol and the temperature was over 100f here so pieces were very flexible.
SAM_1371.jpg SAM_1372.jpg SAM_1373.jpg SAM_1374.jpg SAM_1376.jpg SAM_1377.jpg
This is the center column with and without.
SAM_1379.jpg SAM_1378.jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'd love to do this to mine. Is the orange color pretty close to the Hot Lava color? It looks like it, but pictures can be deceiving.

I wonder if the modern materials orange on their site is more neon than burnt.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The orange in the fiber looks very close to the lava. The black fibers in the black/orange carbon fiber makes it seem darker, but I figure the interior has a lot of black to it, that this would be a nice blend.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Excellent job. It really turned out nice.

·
Registered
59 Posts
This looks freaking awesome! I've been seriously debating ordering this. I looked at the full kit & carbon/orange wasn't an available option. Maybe some kind of glitch? I IM'd their tech support & whoever I was chatting with said the carbon/orange color combo was discontinued. I'm thinking he was mistaken though. I was thinking of going wild & just get the orange kit, but it's really a bright orange. If you don't end up using the center stack piece or the basic head unit pieces, let me know. I'd be interested in buying them from you.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The black/orange wasn't listed but I called sales and they said it was missed when building the website. They just did it as a custom order. I think I will be doing the center piece but still haven't made up my mind 100%. I read here that the basic HU pieces wasn't the US basic HU layout, don't know for sure though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The black/orange wasn't listed but I called sales and they said it was missed when building the website. They just did it as a custom order. I think I will be doing the center piece but still haven't made up my mind 100%. I read here that the basic HU pieces wasn't the US basic HU layout, don't know for sure though.
Those mofos. I logged into the chat to ask about the orange/black carbon fiber dash kit and exterior and the moron told me it wasn't available if it wasn't listed. it will go great with my orange/black carbon fiber hood. thanks for letting me know I can order it over the phone in this option. Wanted to be first. but I guess you beat me. I shoulda called like my wife said. lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts