Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my basic carbon fiber kit today. My order was the black/orange fiber. The pieces stuck to the shipping cardboard very tight, but with careful peeling it was fine. I used all the pieces except the center column so far. I am still debating on if I will use it or not.
Brown Rectangle Textile Wood Beige
Brown Rectangle Textile Font Motor vehicle

For the installation I just wiped the area down with regular 70% alcohol and the temperature was over 100f here so pieces were very flexible.
Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Car Automotive exterior
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Speedometer Motor vehicle
Gear shift Vehicle Car Steering wheel Plant
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Rim Vehicle door
Gear shift Car Automotive design Guitar accessory Audio equipment

This is the center column with and without.
Car Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Automotive lighting Hood Grille Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The orange in the fiber looks very close to the lava. The black fibers in the black/orange carbon fiber makes it seem darker, but I figure the interior has a lot of black to it, that this would be a nice blend.

·
Registered
59 Posts
This looks freaking awesome! I've been seriously debating ordering this. I looked at the full kit & carbon/orange wasn't an available option. Maybe some kind of glitch? I IM'd their tech support & whoever I was chatting with said the carbon/orange color combo was discontinued. I'm thinking he was mistaken though. I was thinking of going wild & just get the orange kit, but it's really a bright orange. If you don't end up using the center stack piece or the basic head unit pieces, let me know. I'd be interested in buying them from you.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The black/orange wasn't listed but I called sales and they said it was missed when building the website. They just did it as a custom order. I think I will be doing the center piece but still haven't made up my mind 100%. I read here that the basic HU pieces wasn't the US basic HU layout, don't know for sure though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The black/orange wasn't listed but I called sales and they said it was missed when building the website. They just did it as a custom order. I think I will be doing the center piece but still haven't made up my mind 100%. I read here that the basic HU pieces wasn't the US basic HU layout, don't know for sure though.
Those mofos. I logged into the chat to ask about the orange/black carbon fiber dash kit and exterior and the moron told me it wasn't available if it wasn't listed. it will go great with my orange/black carbon fiber hood. thanks for letting me know I can order it over the phone in this option. Wanted to be first. but I guess you beat me. I shoulda called like my wife said. lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.