Scion IQ Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
697 Posts
Oh no! Please let us know how this works out for you! Crossing my fingers as well!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hey everyone! It was indeed the starter and if you don't count the 4 bolts to take off the exhaust, it's only two bolts to take it off! I accessed one from under the car and the other from above. All in all it took about 20 minutes to swap it out. So the 2012 is running again and I ordered another starter to throw in the 2013.

Thank you everyone who replied!

·
Registered
16 Posts
If it's the standard starter issue with worn starter contacts, you should be able to replace the contacts and plunger fairly easy after you remove it from the vehicle. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If it's the standard starter issue with worn starter contacts, you should be able to replace the contacts and plunger fairly easy after you remove it from the vehicle. ;)
Thanks Bam! I don't even know what a starter plunger is, lol. I'm not a mechanic by any stretch, I just like to learn and do stuff myself, if I can.

Unfortunately... the car started and ran the day I put the starter in but now has the same problem and won't start again... QQ

·
Registered
16 Posts
Could you snap some piccies of the starter (installed) and the wiring harness connected to it? Have you looked to see if the contact points are shiny or green with corrosion? ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Could you snap some piccies of the starter (installed) and the wiring harness connected to it? Have you looked to see if the contact points are shiny or green with corrosion? ;)
That's a good idea. I didn't think to look at the connections. I will have to check it out on the 7th after I get back from camping. I will snap some pics.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts