Scion IQ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m following the instructions for the fob but the locks on the car will not cycle to confirm the steps have been followed.
As far as I know all cars in the US came with a remote fob and a valet key. I do not have a remote, just a cheap ilco replacement key.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
If I recall correctly it's different instructions for the condition for when all keys (meaning remotes) are lost. I'm not a locksmith though so I'm really not sure.

Hopefully someone who knows will come and respond...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hello, I’m following the instructions for the fob but the locks on the car will not cycle to confirm the steps have been followed.
As far as I know all cars in the US came with a remote fob and a valet key. I do not have a remote, just a cheap ilco replacement key.
To my knowledge, you can't program IQ keys by manipulating doors etc. See My comment #7 on how I've done it with an OBDII dongle. iq key fob manual programming?

·
Registered
91 Posts
thanks! Looks like the tech stream has tripled in price since then, so I’ll hold off for a bit. Thanks!
All these ebay/aliexpress dongles come with an older bootlegged version of the software (they have either a cd or a link). An alternative would be to take the key to your local locksmith- search ads on craiglist. They are something like $60-$100 a key in my area. And there is always your friendly stealership nearby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
If you do use the bootleg be sure you have a used/disposable laptop OR get a good/reliable virus scanner to remove the virus that usually comes with it...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts