Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how to change and or personalize the welcome screen on the Premiun Head Unit ? I can't find anything anywhere about how to do it. I know that many things can be changed by doing the so called "Chicken Dance" , turn the key on, turn the key off, unlock the door, lock the door, Hold this button, don't hold that button, have a beer, go get another beer.......Etc Etc Ect

I don't know if any of you guys have tried but I'd love to here from you found the right combination somewhere.......

Automotive design Font Gas Technology Emblem

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Does anybody know how to change and or personalize the welcome screen on the Premiun Head Unit ? I can't find anything anywhere about how to do it. I know that many things can be changed by doing the so called "Chicken Dance" , turn the key on, turn the key off, unlock the door, lock the door, Hold this button, don't hold that button, have a beer, go get another beer.......Etc Etc Ect

I don't know if any of you guys have tried but I'd love to here from you found the right combination somewhere.......

View attachment 745
you can do it with the base head unit,cant remember how though,ive never bin very helpfull,you should probably just get another beer.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhhh Beer is a good thing as long as I'm not doing the Chicken Dance with my IQ.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Turn the power to the head unit off. then push/hold in the round volume knob. it should bring up a menu that reads something like. settings, car type, sub woofer etc. one of those is the welcome text. cpress the knob again and use the directional arrows and such to change it.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
what are ya gunna change it to doug,HU,HU HU WHAT.let me guess.i think MOONBUGGY would be terribly apropriate?

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Ironically, I think only the basic head unit allows for customized start screen

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I don't understand though why you can choose Car type. and it has options for Tc,xB,xD,iQ. anyone know what this does? I haven't messed with it.
hey vinsonbar,it does make a nice difference,not sure how but by default it is set to TC,im not sure how it works either,but it does make a wee difference,go ahead setter to IQ.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
It's programmed with the acoustic profiles of the different model scions. After all, they have different internal volumes, different materials and levels of sound absorption and reflection, etc. so the same settings will sound different inside each vehicle, why not fine-tune it for the speciffic car? My stereo sounded kinda crappy until I changed it to the proper setting for IQ and them BAM! HUUUUGE difference.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I don't understand though why you can choose Car type. and it has options for Tc,xB,xD,iQ. anyone know what this does? I haven't messed with it.
The same headunit can be used in different models, by choosing which model you are in you can have the sound equalization intended for that specific vehicle.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's programmed with the acoustic profiles of the different model scions. After all, they have different internal volumes, different materials and levels of sound absorption and reflection, etc. so the same settings will sound different inside each vehicle, why not fine-tune it for the speciffic car? My stereo sounded kinda crappy until I changed it to the proper setting for IQ and them BAM! HUUUUGE difference.

Yes indeed. the difference is amazing. Just put a system in it as well. sounds good.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
While you're at it, next time you're on an audio screen, touch the little speaker icon then 'SSP', then select 'feel'
It is an aptly named setting.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
While you're at it, next time you're on an audio screen, touch the little speaker icon then 'SSP', then select 'feel'
It is an aptly named setting.
i FEEL ya,pun intended.when i first got my IQ 6 months ago,i felt the stereo was pretty weak,thenabout a month later i gotter all dialed in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Changed mine to "The Assasin" Being that I killed two birds on my first drive though the mountains. This thing must be quiet comming down the road!!:cool:

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Does anybody know how to change and or personalize the welcome screen on the Premiun Head Unit ? I can't find anything anywhere about how to do it.

I don't know if any of you guys have tried but I'd love to know if you find the right combination somewhere.......

Your right iqforyou I'd probably choose "MOONBUGGY READY" or something dumb like that ! I hit the web every now and look for anything on the Pioneer Premium HU, some things are trickling in slowly about it. I use the model #CVH-2018ZT and Toyota part #PT546-00121 to ckeck . I've read that some head units need a disc to do changes. I think I read somewhere that that's how the Alpine HU which the Pioneer replaced could be personalized ? When I take the Buggy into the dealer for it's first check up I'm going to ask........Until then I guess another beer is in order

·
Registered
584 Posts
Your right iqforyou I'd probably choose "MOONBUGGY READY" or something dumb like that ! I hit the web every now and look for anything on the Pioneer Premium HU, some things are trickling in slowly about it. I use the model #CVH-2018ZT and Toyota part #PT546-00121 to ckeck . I've read that some head units need a disc to do changes. I think I read somewhere that that's how the Alpine HU which the Pioneer replaced could be personalized ? When I take the Buggy into the dealer for it's first check up I'm going to ask........Until then I guess another beer is in order
When and if you find anything, post it. I am itching to customize the premium hu.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts