Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until then I can only wait and work with what arrives.

The last two days have been good.

The kit arrived and I had the dealer send it down to my collision repair shop for refinishing and installation. Of course you can't install a kit on a car you don't have. The quality of the kit is top shelf. We deal with a lot of different types of body kits and lip kits and the FiveAxis one is one of the nicest ones I have seen.

I will be making a how to thread with step by step pictures of the kit and it's progress.

The kit has been washed and degreased removing any traces of the mould release agent. Tomorrow will be sanding and priming.

These arrived yesterday from Tiretrends and were $540 taxes in studded and shipped to the shop. A quick call to the dealer to check the status of the upgraded 16" rims only to be told that there are 50 on back order. Well that isn't good. The 19" wheels are still being made and won't be here for a few more weeks. Now the 16's aren't available as of right now. My ETA for the car delivery is March 15th so hopefully there is enough time.

I also have a month or two wait for the Widebody/Over Fender Extensions from Saw-Tuning in Germany. If it takes them longer to make them I can pick them up personally when I head back to the Nurburgring in July.

The foglight kit, rear sway, radio kit, and lowering springs have all arrived as well but they are still at the dealer. I think I will have them install the springs when the car arrives.

·
Registered
536 Posts
i'm very interest by mixing body-kit FiveAxis and Ibherdesign... and by 19"Wheels !!! same wheels back and front? same size? and for tires what size?

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
I'm really looking forward to seeing the progress on this ride.

·
Registered
301 Posts
nice topic...
i very like build topic
but i don't like ibherdesign kit...the five axis is very beatiful but the other with the extension i don't like
are u sure that the 2 kit are the same material ......

ast summer i'm went to ring with my care is very nice u can see the photo on my facebook jonathan maggi

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm thinking that the Ibherdesign kit will be fibreglass based and not a urethane based product. I will know when it arrives. It will be much easier to modify if it's fibreglass. The tentative delivery date is March 15th so only 10 days to go. Kit should be refinished tomorrow. It was primed last week and I have only sanded 1/2 of the kit so far.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

An update of sorts. Managed to get the FiveAxis kit prepped and painted last week. It's been sitting waiting for the car to arrive. Received a phone call on Thursday that it arrived and they would have it ready for pick up on Monday.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Nice Dan. Can't wait to see it on the iQ.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

More parts arrived today. Car is to be picked up later this evening. At least I have my winter wheel/tire set up. Only 3 more weeks until the 19's are ready.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Picked it up and signed papers today. Left the dealership at about 9:20PM. Headed home to pick up a few things. Just spent the last 4 hours installing the body kit, rear sway bar and front bushings, mounting the twin spoke wheels/winter tires, started on the foglight kit, washed it again. I'm beat. It's 2AM. Just uploading more pics as I type. Will do a pic update tomorrow.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Was able to install the kit, wheels, sway bar and bushings front and back, fog lights and surrounds and wash it in about 3 and 1/2 hours last night.

Everything went smooth. FiveAxis kit was easy due to excellent fitment, instructions and supplied hardware. Sway bar and bushings were easy. I would suggest stretching the rubber bushings a few time prior to greasing them up. You will get grease on your hands. Wear disposable gloves if you don't want to ruin your mani. Remember to use a jackstand or two.

I weighed the stock steel wheels and they are 36.2lbs minus the plastic wheel cover. The twin spoke alloys with studded Hankook I-pikes in a 195/55/16 weigh 38lbs even. The 19" RPM's that I ordered weigh 18lbs and the 215/35/19 Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires weigh 20lbs so they should be no extra weight added when I swap over to the 19's.

I chose those tires due to the weight and the treadwear rating. Other tires had lower treadwear ratings and were a heavier tire. I didn't need a Z rated tire.

The foglight kit went fine with the new bezels and the new fogs. Install was easy using the existing plug that was taped up right where the foglight was to go. The relay and switch I left for today as I didn't have the printout of the instructions for the location of the relay. I'll post that later.

Put 100km on it yesterday and today. 6.5l/100KM.

Picked up an Ollie Oobr seat for my son. Mounted that using the LATCH child seat system. I'll have pics up as soon as I take them. Took him and his cousin to school with both of them in the back. I had to move the driver seat up slightly but it wasn't too uncomfortable for the 3 minute drive.

TPMS light came on after about 20 mins of driving. I'll have to look into that. There is a reset switch but if you don't have the sensors installed the light will stay on in the instrument cluster.

Looking forward to the first fill up when I can give them two 20's and get change back. That sure beats handing over 2 50's.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts