Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but the front of the iq is almost flat and I live in the country so bugs are ridiculous what do you guys use for bug removal that works good?

·
Registered
985 Posts
I just use Quick Detailer and a suitable microfiber cloth. I also clean my iQs front end every morning when I get to the park-and-ride. Don't want that stuff baking on. The afternoon trip is no problem...the bugs are in hiding then.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I haven't had bug sticking problems with the clear paint protection film. I go to a nearby coin op auto-wash and the pressure blasted water takes them right off.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Shortly after getting "Julius" I applied several coats of "Nu Finish" ... especially to the front end for that very reason.
What doesn't slide off only leves a small smear that is easy to wash off even with my "no rinse" wash.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I applied several coats of "Nu Finish"
An excellent point and one I failed to mention. Getting a good finish coat (I use Klasse myself) is essential. Then the quick detailer or similar works fine. That finish coat is always the first step, even if a clear bra has been installed.

·
Registered
196 Posts
First wash after using the Simonize stuff (see above ) and the bugs came off easy..........

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have one of those sponges that is wrapped in a nylon mesh, that gets all the bug entrails off real easy. I don't have alink, but I think they are commonly available.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts