Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF So my IQ only has 873 miles on it and so far I have installed factory OEM Foglight kit myself I've installed two hid kits one in low beams and fogs both h11 bulbs I've replaced all factory bulbs with led I've installed 4ga street wires amp kit tsunami 1.2 farad capacitor 500 watt at 2 ohms alpine mono amp on a JL comp 10'' sub in a JL bass wedge ported box I removed the foam block with the tire repair kit in it and hide my amp there the cap is in the rear plastic bin for show and all but speaker wires are hidden I have installed wireless blue led under dash and rear bin lights but today I screwed up while backing into the garage and broke my passenger rear view mirror! Does anyone know what this mirror cost to replace cuz it's Sunday and Toyota is closed??? Please help

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
i did the exact same with my nissan cube,i went through insurance cuzz i allso had a major scratch in the area,so i guess i dont have any pertanint info for ya,just consolatian,shit happens,my undereducated guess,if they are willing to use any old useable gutte,glass,would be 180$,sorr bout your dillema.maybe you can get an idea online.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I broke the plastic turn signal clear cover and dented the mirror housing along with cracking the arm that holds the mirror on no damage to the car itself just the mirror guessing I'll have to replace the whole thing and it being electric i was guessing around $300 but I'm praying it's cheaper!

·
Registered
584 Posts
I am betting it will be 500$-600$ for the whole assembly. I know on my Honda Fit '09 the licence plate lamp assembly for one side was 80$. And that is just a plastic base with a clear cover.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My insurance has a $500 deductible so if the mirror is less than $600 I'll just pay for it myself because if I file a claim my insurance will go up all over a mirror plus I'm a truck driver and I don't want it on my record I found a mirror for it on eBay the identical mirror that's heated and electric but it's a different color for the IQ for $129 so I'm hoping the dealer doest stick it to me I'm a perfectionist an I want it fixed right so I'll have the dealer do it after all it has under a thousand miles on it, it's basically brand new just curious if anyone knew how much cause its driving me insane worrying about it and I can't call Toyota until 8am tomorrow morning to find out.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
If you go with the eBay replacement and have it painted you'll probably still spend less. The mirror panel, just the reflective glass part is $80. I know cause I broke it and had to replace it. Hope you find it's not that expensive and get it replaced quickly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haven't replaced it yet but have ordered it, the entire mirror and front cover cost $334 plus $100 in labor so probably $450 at the local dealer after taxes to buy it and have it installed. BUT I'm not going to pay $100 in labor and I damn sure ain't going to pay full price for the mirror. Fortunately while surfing eBay I came across a Toyota dealer out of state that sold me the OEM Foglight kit with everything including printed detailed instructions with pictures on how to install them for $145 which is cheaper then any other Toyota dealer around here so I had there phone number on the invoice from the Foglight kit and bam said he'd sale me the mirror and cover and send detailed instructions with pics for $245 with shipping and cuz its from out of state I don't gota pay taxes!! Awesome

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
The installation is a breeze. You be glad you did it yourself and saved the money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts