Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota IQ 2009 1.0
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i am wondering if all the different IQs have the same front brakes?
I am on the lookout for better brake pads, and only oem replacements show up for my 2009 model, but there is a ton for 2011 and up.

i plan on taking the car on track next year and i dont want cooked brakes…

sorry if this is the wrong section

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
895 Posts
Welcome! (And I am sorry for the late response)!!!

You should be able to use the those aftermarket pads for the 2011 - up model years you found. That said please tell us if you find this is wrong. I am basing my statement on this:

There is only one Toyota part # 04465-74020 for the 1st generation iQ.

One other big concern in my mind is brake fluid quality (boiling point). USA models I believe get DOT (USA DOT more specifically) 3. I don’t know other countries what Toyota uses, but better research higher boiling point brake fluid that is compatible with the iQ brakes.

·
Registered
Toyota IQ 2009 1.0
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One other big concern in my mind is brake fluid quality (boiling point). USA models I believe get DOT (USA DOT more specifically) 3. I don’t know other countries what Toyota uses, but better research higher boiling point brake fluid that is compatible with the iQ brakes.
for sure. I will be looking into racing brake fluid, the last thing i want is to lose my brakes. Almost everyone should change their brake fluid a little more often anyways, i have seen too many reservoirs with dark fluid in it haha.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Scion iQ
895 Posts
I have these waiting for me to wear out the old ones:

Thought I saw a front big brake kit, here's one. They have too many options to list here:

There was a kit sold by Fast Scions but seems they stopped selling it, I think made by Wilwood.

Sent from my REVVL V+ 5G using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts