Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Third Brake light Flasher and hold This Gets Drivers attention

UPDATE NOTE: See the Third Brake Light Flasher it is 50 state Legal. post #6 & #7 this is the one I bought.

See Starting Post #7 and on

As for the Head lights I usually Flash my head lights, by pulling back the light stock to flash my high beams when the lights are off, or flash between low & high beam to show movement. This works great as well to get attention.

UPDATE NOTE: See the Third Brake Light Flasher it is 50 state Legal. post #6 & #7 this is the one I bought.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I want to say when I was looking at flashing brake lights for my motorcycle, that in some places they are illegal. I do know that flashing high beams at someone here can get you a ticket. Basically, check your local laws. :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
When I flash the head lights this is for during the day.

Problem is people look right through you, I only do this if it looks like someone is ready to blast out in front of me.

Or i will honk those loud horns of mine or both

I hate front end and rear end collisions.

As for the tail Lights i would go for Only flashing the third Brake Light, and maybe the LED reflector Light Mod if you have done this to your IQ.
* * * This is 50 State Legal * * *.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I just ordered the Third brake light flasher from Post #6.

It was $19.95 & includes shipping, they have quantity discounts if 30 people wanted these they would be $11.00 ea & free shipping

They have a installation video on their site, it is VERY easy. They also have a function video.

I have the Rear Reflector LEDs, I think that i will flash those too. But i will leave the stock OEM Brake light's stock, and Not flash the OEM Brake lights.

NICE!!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
westgi,
Good idea. I had a similar set up on several motorcycles that I have owned.
I will get one for my IQ and install it for the third brake light also.
Every little bit helps.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks - this is DEFINATELTY on my "to do" list!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Made the upgrade a couple days ago. Instead of wire connectors and taps soldered everything and used heat shrinkable tubing (once a geek always a geek) ;-)
The amazing thing is when I tap the brakes coming to a stop at a busy intersection, the guy behind me now usually stops about ten feet back!
Now if I take the label off a large dark blue vitamin bottle, drop a strong magnet in and it "accidently" gets misplaced on the top of the car ...

·
Registered
540 Posts
I thought I replied to this post. But I guess not.. I have had it on mine for a while now. It is really great at night. Catches the sleepers off guard and wakes them up !

·
Registered
156 Posts
I thought I replied to this post. But I guess not.. I have had it on mine for a while now. It is really great at night. Catches the sleepers off guard and wakes them up !
Sure is fun to watch'em hit the brakes!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts