Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I tried pairing my phone up with the bluetooth today and it said there was no microphone!

I called my salesman, he talked to the parts lady. Parts lady says iQs don;t come with a mic and that it;s some optional thing...even though none of the documentation mentions it at all, and of course I've seen pictures of people's instrument panels with the little black dome of a mic clearly visible.

My sales guy thinks the parts lady is wrong and is checking with their scion rep and shooting it up the line.

I KNOW there's supposed to be a mic, I know you guys all have them. Is there anything I can take in to show them what it looks like, where it;s supposed to go, that it is standard, etc?

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
So, I tried pairing my phone up with the bluetooth today and it said there was no microphone!

I called my salesman, he talked to the parts lady. Parts lady says iQs don;t come with a mic and that it;s some optional thing...even though none of the documentation mentions it at all, and of course I've seen pictures of people's instrument panels with the little black dome of a mic clearly visible.

My sales guy thinks the parts lady is wrong and is checking with their scion rep and shooting it up the line.

I KNOW there's supposed to be a mic, I know you guys all have them. Is there anything I can take in to show them what it looks like, where it;s supposed to go, that it is standard, etc?
months ago there qwas another fella on here who had a mic missing,of course i cannot remember who,smoke another one brent,he went to the dealer and the issue was resolved promptly.of course it should come with a mic,the car comes standard with bluetooth.so yeah,the ladies wrong.and i would love to tell her.

·
Registered
351 Posts
mic should be standard. remember, iQs don't come with "options" so call out their BS

·
Registered
98 Posts
My father and i purchased two IQs (the day be4 the PS vita promotion, sorry i work at a gamestop lol) but the whole thing is that the radio comes standard with the capability but they don't install it for IQs according to parts department here at my dealership. we made a ruckus over it and im just waiting for some free time to bring the car in. so anyone out there without it. go complain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same problem with mine and others posting around the forums. For some reason, when the radio is installed, they are forgetting to install the mic. It is not an option. Your parts dept should have them (although I suspect they also come packed with the radio). Should be put in at no cost to you. Its about the size of the end of your thumb, and sits in the instrument pod below the speedo and tach.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It happened to me too. The mic comes with the iQ as standard. If the mic is not installed, you won't be able to pair and bluetooth devices. Have the sales person try to do the phone pairing with another iQ on the sales floor that has mic in it, and show them that it is the missing mic that caused the pairing failure. Good luck. Here is the thread about it.
http://www.iq-forums.com/forums/sci...airing-phone-stereo-system-via-bluetooth.html

·
Registered
93 Posts
The mic is required, as a separate part, during installation and indicates so in the installation instructions for each head unit offered for the iQ: Base, Premium and NAV units. The dealers are obviously not reading the required instructions...The head units don't come with a mic because the other models, iQ, tC, xB and FR-S already come with a mic built into the headliner and is ready to plug in. Not so on the iQ.

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately none of the iqs at the dealership have their head units/mics installed so I haven't got anything to point to and say 'there's what i 'm talking about'

I'm sure it'll get sorted out soon.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
001-001.jpg 001.jpg

The IQ is advertised with hands free phone capability. It is stated on the door sticker as well as the pioneer manual. Tell the dealer to git-er-done !

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is turning into such a cluster-frell. apparently they've got docs in service saying 'remember, for iqs you have to order the mic ad install it' but e-mails from scion saying they aren't standard and cost extra. meanwhile the brocure says mic is included standard. they're going around in circles with scion saying yes-no-maybe-so trying to find out what's what and saying they'll get back to me.

Meanwhile paying customr sitting here with a printoff saying i'm supposed to have one. the gm says i'll get it in the end, but there's all these hoops to jump through first.

why not just give me the frelling mic now, then argue with scion about whose fault it is after i'm gone and happy?

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
finally heard from my salesman, and they;ve got it sorted. The mic is on order, they;ll call me about coming to have it installed.

Apparently it boils down to poor communication between Scion and the dealerships.

Apparently they have to order the mic from Parts every time they install a radio in an iq, whether it's the stock unit or an upgrade. iQs ship without a radio, when the head unit is installed they're supposed to install the mic. There's some kind of special allowance just for ordering mics from parts and whatnot. If they need a mic for any *other* reason. they need to pay for it, or make the customer pay for it, etc.

So someone didn't bother ordering or installing the mic when my IQ was set up, anf the attempts to get it sorted out after the fact were coming up a different line and getting told that's now how it's done.

So now the dealership knows what's actually supposed to be going on, they know I'm owed a mic and will take care of it ASAP. Yay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts