Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Block heater options available.....http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m

Zerostart | eBay

Here are several ways to heat your block.....some mount in the hose itself....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks metalhead100. Checked it out and so far the best "non Scion" thing I saw was a heater that can be stuck on any flat surface of the oil pan or engine. Think that I will wait and see if TRD, Scion or Toyota comes up with a better "tailored" product first.
Who knows, if there is enough interest (or frozen engine blocks) maybe they will figure it out for themselves ;-)
I just don't understand how they figure to sell vehicles in colder climates with out a block heater.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this a "problem" with this engine?....I live in Indiana.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I called the dealer today to check and see if they have an option for block heaters yet. I was told that there is nothing from Scion yet (here in Canada) although they expect something before winter. The person I spoke with said he expects that at least for this winter they might end up using the external bolt on type (of which they had plenty in stock) which they've been using up to this point instead of the internal type that inserts into a frost plug.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I called the dealer today to check and see if they have an option for block heaters yet. I was told that there is nothing from Scion yet (here in Canada) although they expect something before winter. The person I spoke with said he expects that at least for this winter they might end up using the external bolt on type (of which they had plenty in stock) which they've been using up to this point instead of the internal type that inserts into a frost plug.
Thanks for the update Ahye! Hpoe we have it in stock down here before winter too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts