Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
The car looks great! When I was going to talk to the salesman about possibly getting an iQ, I had it set in my mind that I would either get the white or the metallic grey. Somehow I ended up with hot lava but I look at your car and think how much I love the colour and how your mirrors blend nice with the grey. Colour choice has always been the hardest decision for me.

·
Registered
351 Posts
The car looks great! When I was going to talk to the salesman about possibly getting an iQ, I had it set in my mind that I would either get the white or the metallic grey. Somehow I ended up with hot lava but I look at your car and think how much I love the colour and how your mirrors blend nice with the grey. Colour choice has always been the hardest decision for me.
speaking of mirrors.. just noticed that the Hot Lava or any color for that matter is not color matched. Why Scion, why?!

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
speaking of mirrors.. just noticed that the Hot Lava or any color for that matter is not color matched. Why Scion, why?!
I ASK THE SAME.i got mine in the winter and didnt even notice untill 1 day the sun peaked out 1.5 months later,but yes maggiebite,im glad it is at least very close.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I asked the same question. Especially when the Toyota iQ's mirrors are the same colour as the car. How hard would it have been? My theory is this... they did it to cut costs. If all the mirrors are the same metallic grey then they are interchangeable with any colour iQ. I don't know a whole lot about production of vehicles so I could be way off base but, again, it's just my theory.

Regardless the reason, I would have liked it more if my mirrors were the same colour as my car but it's only a minor irritant. The tinted windows seem to help the mirrors blend with the car more.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I asked the same question. Especially when the Toyota iQ's mirrors are the same colour as the car. How hard would it have been?
I agree...it boggles the mind. This mono-spec thing gets kinda weird.

That said, I must say that the silver mirror caps work great with Blizzard Pearl because silver doesn't interrupt the flow of the beltline like white mirrors would. In fact, it works so well that I thought it was a deliberate part of their design scheme, given the silver trim on the bottom facia and all. Seems I was wrong...but I also have no complaints.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts