Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure if this question goes on this thread but is there a way to make the iQ beep when it it locked and unlocked? My dad had a Tacoma that did that and i would like it on my iQ so i don't forget to lock it. Can the dealer do it? I'm taking him in for the 5K service this weekend.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I was wondering that too.. and also wondering whether my iQ didn't come with an alarm system. My other car didn't make the beeping noise until I had an alarm installed...

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
MY DEALER IN FORMED ME THEY MAY BE ABLE TO GO INTO THE COMPUTER AND MAKE THAT BEEP A REALITY,FOR 1 HR SHOP TIME.107$. i toldem to shoveit.

·
Registered
395 Posts
my dealer in formed me they may be able to go into the computer and make that beep a reality,for 1 hr shop time.107$. I toldem to shoveit.
priceless

·
Registered
584 Posts
The key word here is "MAY" not definite. So far it is all speculation. After market alarm system will give you the lock signal.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I just looked in the owners manual. And it says that it is suppose to flash the lights when it locks and unlocks. I just realized that mine doesn't ? Will have to remember to tell them about that next visit. Unless somebody knows how to turn it back on using the car. I was able to do that on some other cars. Chrysler's, ford gm etc..

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I just looked in the owners manual. And it says that it is suppose to flash the lights when it locks and unlocks. I just realized that mine doesn't ? Will have to remember to tell them about that next visit. Unless somebody knows how to turn it back on using the car. I was able to do that on some other cars. Chrysler's, ford gm etc..
weird.

·
Registered
540 Posts
DUH.

My fault......

I pulled what I thought was a extra fuse. Missed it by one space, and pulled the emergency flasher fuse. Put it back in the right slot and now it works !

Helps when I have a inside track to the Mitchel on demand wiring diagrams that have not even been released yet !

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
DUH.

My fault......

I pulled what I thought was a extra fuse. Missed it by one space, and pulled the emergency flasher fuse. Put it back in the right slot and now it works !

Helps when I have a inside track to the Mitchel on demand wiring diagrams that have not even been released yet !
HA HA,nice job sir.lol.stop pulling things will ya,well maybe not everything.:p

·
Registered
985 Posts
I was informed by the dealer that no scions has this functionality...
I was told it was "part of a Toyota design ethic"......and I am totally into such things. So now I'm glad my car just flashes and does not beep. My neighbors probably like it, too.

·
Registered
540 Posts
If I could find a wiring diagram of the output. it should be easy enough to tie in a small beep style horn. I would love to have the beep-beep to confirm it is locked or unlocked. Doesn't have to be loud just enough to hear it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I was told it was "part of a Toyota design ethic"......and I am totally into such things. So now I'm glad my car just flashes and does not beep. My neighbors probably like it, too.
the beeping of my other car makes up for the lack of beeping of the iQ lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like the beep. It helps me remember that I locked my car. I don't want to get an alarm so it can beep when locked as I already have lojack on the car. I will go to my nearest dealer, not where i bought my car, to see if they can make it beep. If they charge, then I won't get it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
On my Tacoma, I spliced in a small piezo beeper (from Radioshack). You just need to know which wire activates the door lock. I wired my truck up so it only beeps when I lock it (don't care if it beeps when I'm unlocking). The piezo beepers are good because they're not too obnoxiously loud and they're super cheap. I've been thinking about doing it for the IQ.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts