Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I've been intrigued by the iQ since seeing it at the L.A. auto show last November, and my search for a new car keeps circling around to this little guy. Finally got to test drive last weekend, and I'm more obsessed than ever!

Accessories and options seem pretty straight-forward, with the exception of the audio options. According to Scion's website, the standard Pioneer head unit is Sirius/XM capable, but doesn't explain what that means. In order to have satellite radio, would I need to add the $449 satellite radio option?

Further, if I upgraded the unit to the $479 Pioneer Premium Audio System, does that come with satellite radio already, or would it be an additional $449?

I've read that a good few of you are pretty happy with the premium unit, so if it came with satellite already and was just $30 more than just the satellite option, I'd do that in a heartbeat. However, I'm guessing that's not the case.

Finally, if I went with the standard unit and added the satellite radio on, could I upgrade to the premium unit later on and keep the satellite option intact? From what I've read here, that sounds like a pretty easy swap-out I could do myself.

Anyway, I've learned SO much from reading all over this forum, thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Geoff speaks the truth. Even with the upgraded headunit you will still need to add the satellite option, that includes the receiver and antenna. It doesn't include a subscription.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That makes sense, thanks!

I guess my questions to you out there would be, do you consider the $480 upgrade to be worthwhile? For those of you who kept the stock unit, do you regret not going with the premium stereo? How easy do you think it would be to upgrade later on down the road?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I love the premium HU. I am a gadget geek and touch screen, graphics are needed to feed my addiction. The navi unit was just to way out of price point for me or I would have done that. Satellite radio is still radio (someone else's choice of songs) and fee based. Not my thing. I will stick with my own music on a thumbdrive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts