Scion IQ Forum : Scion iQ Prices, Tech, MPG and Forums banner

101 - 101 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry guys, my apology, I only finished reading the 1ST page of mistergib's engine noise issue (did NOT realized that there were totally 7 Pages, silly me ), then I started asking stupid questions....Anyway, very sorry to hear that you got the new car and it started giving you problem from day one. I applause you for your persistence and patience to get your iQ fixed, I hope it still serves you well with not much of a problem. Having said that I really feel that I am super lucky that my iQ has not been giving me any problem at all, might be my 2014 (last year car) have all the previous problems straightened out by Toyota. My car is parked outdoor under my carport ever since i had it, I bought the extended warranty when new=2 more years on top of the basic 5 years Power train warranty, which means my warranty is expiring sometime this year. And I am keeping my fingers crossed nothing would happen with my iQ, and that is also why I have been saying all good words about the iQ car. I really understand the frustration mistergib had to put up with and also feel unfair for all those iQ owner who ran into the same issue. One thing I want to point out is that our Toyota Dealer here in Vancouver BC (city of Port Moody to be exact), is very very good and they will NEVER disagree with your complaint (they would never say to you that whatever is normal either), and always stands on your side to get your car fixed with NO question ask(of course, they have to ask what was the complaint), they try hard to fight for you with Toyota Canada to have everything fixed for FREE (when under warranty) because the more repair they did, the more money they would get from the Manufacturer, they sometimes would even have everything replaced with new other than just repairing or fixing up for you. Somehow, I noticed that some Car Dealers in the State (I got relatives in New York) are quite ignorant and impolite, i Was in New York VW dealer as well as Lexus dealer wanting car service for my sister in law's cars, instead of try hard to help (like we have in Vancouver BC Canada), they would argue with you about your complaint...and the attitude was not too good either. Here when we go for car service, we feel like going HOME, staffs treat you like VIP, whatever you complain to them, they first acknowledged and then try hard to get your car fixed, no question asked, they help you dealing with manufacturer, you just give them the key, sit in the lounge, coffee, tea, snack, tv, internet, newspaper of all languages , magazine...anything you want for free. they will keep coming to you while you still sitting in the comfy sofa, never have to get up, they explained to you the solution, how long to wait, how much is the cost (IF ANY), offer you a ride home (if it would take longer that you expected) or drive you anywhere you want to go while your car being fixed....***In mistergib's case, they would just take the complaint from you , take your key, offer you a courteous car during repair period, let you know when the car would be done (car parts always stocked up at Parts department, if not it would be delivered to the dealership on the same day from warehouse). It is a total enjoyment experience here having our cars service or being fixed. It might be the different business philosophy here than in the States or a different business format between Canada and USA, and might be that is why buying a car is so much CHEAPER in the State than Canada. Our car price in Canada are way more than USA. Might be car dealers are not getting enough from the Manufacturers or whatever reason...I don't know. Being 50 years in Canada, owning more than 50 cars, I have NEVER had any bad experience with any Dealer Service Department, they ALWAYS on your side and dealing with manufacturer themselves, you never even have to talk to any Manufacturer Rep. for anything. We feel that we paid MORE for our cars covered all those problems and frustrations when it come to car problem. They treat all customers like a KING or QUEEN. Anyway, as I noticed this posting was back in 2013, and haven't seen the latest update if mistergib still having his iQ or still in the forum. I hope his is still driving the little iQ after everything fixed up for him. Best Wishes. And Happy New Year to ALL( a little late :) , wish everyone stays HEALTHY.

101 - 101 of 101 Posts