Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own, drive, and sell Scions out of Rochester NY. Does anyone have questions they would like to ask a sales person but were previously afraid to ask? I know dealerships can be intimidating and that people are never sure if a sales person is being honest or just saying whatever it takes to make a sale. As I am not selling anything, now is your chance to ask the Scion guy anything.
ASK THE SCION SALES GUY

tC, XB, XD, IQ, FR-S, accessories, TRD, reviews, MPG, navigation, BeSpoke

·
Registered
196 Posts
One thing.....let us know when silent recalls happen.....I think its BS that manufactures HIDE defects

·
Registered
985 Posts
Thank you so much for checking in. What is the word on Scion's alloy wheels for the iQ....they seem to be unavailable? Also, our cold weather folks were asking about availability of a block heater.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yes, I wanted to know about the alloy wheels, too. I really like them but I'm not quite ready to buy yet. I did a live chat with someone on the Scion website who said some mumbo jumbo about them being in short supply because of the staggered roll-out. It didn't make a lot of sense to me... :(

·
Registered
353 Posts
ScionChamp,
Great to have you on board. I don't have any questions at the present.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Does the US version of the IQ have an engine immobilizer , i have seen conflicting answers. Along with the alloys what happened to the other accessories. Sales of the IQ are down 3 months in a row, are there any changes coming or new accessories to drive sales?

·
Registered
351 Posts
What's the PDI procedure for the iQ? My dealer didn't perform one on mine and I want to know if there's stuff that I need to check to make sure nothing else is missing

·
Registered
540 Posts
No immobilizer key on mine.
No inner fender dust noise guards on mine.
No heated mirrors on mine
No engine block heater on mine.

·
Registered
89 Posts
No immobilizer key on mine.
No inner fender dust noise guards on mine.
No heated mirrors on mine
No engine block heater on mine.
I don't understand how the car can be sold under the Scion brand and not even offer a OEM security system as an option , no cruise , no alloys ect . A few of these are deal breakers for a lot of people . Heated mirrors , cruise and at least an immobilizer should be standard equipment . I think a lot of the lack of availability is killing sales .

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
I don't understand how the car can be sold under the Scion brand and not even offer a OEM security system as an option , no cruise , no alloys ect . A few of these are deal breakers for a lot of people . Heated mirrors , cruise and at least an immobilizer should be standard equipment . I think a lot of the lack of availability is killing sales .
The canadian models have all these options standard.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Immobilizer key on ours. The dealership had lost one of the keys, so had to order a replacement. The key arrived cut, but had to be programmed. While programming, I asked the tech about this. They had to have both keys as they reprogrammed them both. If it was just keyless entry programming, they would not have had to program both keys, I believe...

·
Registered
89 Posts
I guess heated mirrors are a northern thing? I have never seen a car with them.
Most cars have them even in Texas . It may not be noticeable to you because sometimes there's no dedicated switch , it turns on automatically with the defroster . As an example of 2 low priced cars , the smart car and upcoming Chevy Spark both have them . Some people may not realise they have them unless they look through their owners manual .

·
Registered
353 Posts
The canadian models have all these options standard.
I guess the bean counters at Toyota decide to cheap out the IQ in the USA hoping for better sales. But really how much would those options add to the cost/price if factory installed?

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Most cars have them even in Texas . It may not be noticeable to you because sometimes there's no dedicated switch , it turns on automatically with the defroster . As an example of 2 low priced cars , the smart car and upcoming Chevy Spark both have them . Some people may not realise they have them unless they look through their owners manual .
or just turn on rear defog and feel the side mirrors,if they are heated you can feel the warmth in the mirrors.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Lived in TX all my life (47yrs) and have had 18 cars, I read all the manuals. Never had heated mirrors. Guess I don't by the deluxe cars.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Lived in TX all my life (47yrs) and have had 18 cars, I read all the manuals. Never had heated mirrors. Guess I don't by the deluxe cars.

I live on a ridge top in Central Pennsylvania and get snow drifts bigger than a Scion iQ in my driveway. I've only just heard of heated mirrors recently and have never experienced them. I have to say, it would be a nice option to have instead of forcing down the frozen window to rub my slushy mitten over the mirror.

I'm not a luxury car owner either, though. I usually get the middle option package (better wheels, better stereo, but no leather).

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hate to jump the gun.
But the answer guy has only been on this forum one time and only has one post ?

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Hate to jump the gun.
But the answer guy has only been on this forum one time and only has one post ?
Ha ha, funny you say that, i was just going to say, THE SCION GUY HAS LEFT THE BUILDING.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts