Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove my car to work today .. about a hour one way..first time.....was on the interstate for a bit....... I seem to STILL be stuck behind people who refuse to go the speed limit or plus 5.....

Seems like traffic is more of a hindrance than our 94 HP is.....

This car did fine merging ect......... The reviewers can shove it........This car is more than powerful enough if driven properly.....ie plan your moves a bit

And I am still babying my engine.,......I have NOT thrashed it or hammered it.......I am driving it like a car ....not a rocket ship.......

In the REAL world this car has plenty of power......because everyone else is in the damn way driving slow as hell....taking FOREVER to get up to speed.....

Sure the point and shoot sports cars I had were fun (cooper s and several v8 mustangs...one with a roller motor I built-up...) but this car IS NOT one of those........Reviewers act like it should be a 50 MPG 1/4 mile killer....that will break your neck ...and all for $12,000

NOT possible......

Sorry for the rant..........

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
RANTAWAY,this is the place to do it,im pretty hard on my iq,heavy on the throttle,reverse doughnuts and a few good airtimes over railroad tracks,works well,tons of fun.:cool:

·
Registered
116 Posts
RANTAWAY,this is the place to do it,im pretty hard on my iq,heavy on the throttle,reverse doughnuts and a few good airtimes over railroad tracks,works well,tons of fun.:cool:
lol, I have yet to even floor mine yet I don't think. I did just start using the S and B which brings a bit more of a relationship to the car while driving. I mostly drove manuals so I'm still getting used to it.
I've only had it out on the highway once and I had zero issues passing others. Traffic definitely hinders highway speeds more than our 94 hard working horsies.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have not floored it yet....not even once.....trying to be civil about break in

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
i broke mine in like a pro,and now i have fun,i may be driving from chilliwack BC to long beach CA for our IQ meet that Taz organized,2000 kilometers each way,IM TERRIBLY EXCITED.;)

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
i broke mine in like a pro,and now i have fun,i may be driving from chilliwack BC to long beach CA for our IQ meet that Taz organized,2000 kilometers each way,IM TERRIBLY EXCITED.;)
AND A BIT OF A WEIRDO TO DRIVE SUCH A DISTANCE FOR A 1 NIGHT STAY and BBQ.woah.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow road trip man.........:D

·
Registered
116 Posts
It feels quicker to me than my old Accord and feels smoother at 75mph. I really do wish that reviewers would review it as the car it is vs the car they would like it to be. Just because it's small don't expect it to be a Boxter.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Driving city I have to always be watching my driving and how i drive My IQ as i always seem to be first one away from a light, I have been getting better at staying with the snail rather than way out front, at the snail races. I have to slow down to stay back with all the snails leaving the light.

I have not done much freeway driving, 5-10 mile drives here and there.

I did nail full throttle in it today, engine cuts in and out, it runs better with a little less than full throttle.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Local radio jocks that do songs

·
Registered
120 Posts
All the reviewers say that the iQ is slow, the back seats are cramped, and that the car looks weird. Will I raced a VW suv what ever they call it and I won ( it was easy to swerve through traffic compared to his huge car). On the second week of owning the car I fit 7 people in the car, ( 4 in the back two in the passenger and me in the driver seat. Besides that, when I do have people in the back I always ask if the ride was bad or if the seats were comfortable. I have not received a complaint. The car looks great plain and even better if personalized to your liking. I've added two stripes to the car and a TRD badge to the front. I'm waiting for my Assassins Creed decal to come in so I can stick it to the lift gate window. This car is perfect for me and I love it. I wanted and FRS but my iQ won me over.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I think they hit the "sweet spot" on the iQ all around. The engine is plenty capable, especially when combined with the CVT for managing a balance between power delivery and economy. The seating/cargo arrangement is "enough" without being excessively wasteful, with an emphasis on immediate flexibility (making use of this feature displays some pretty amazing function). The mono-spec approach allows for some "dialing-in" if needed, or not. After all, not every city dweller needs to corner on rails.

In my opinion, the car optimizes on so many levels, and this via a level of innovation that is somewhat rare among automobiles nowadays. So rare, in fact, that a good many are not prepared to "get it." Kudos to those who do. With the iQ we catch a solid glance of the future, putting in place real-world innovations not on some drawing board or rumor-mill, but on-the-road here and now. Well done!

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have definitely driven faster cars but it annoys me to no end when I read all the bitchy little comments about the iQ being small and slow and blah blah blah.

This is how I see things... *ahem*

My car can go fast enough for me to get a hefty speeding ticket so, in my opinion, that's fast enough. 'Nuff said.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have definitely driven faster cars but it annoys me to no end when I read all the bitchy little comments about the iQ being small and slow and blah blah blah.

This is how I see things... *ahem*

My car can go fast enough for me to get a hefty speeding ticket so, in my opinion, that's fast enough. 'Nuff said.
good point miss Maggie

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have a similar philosophy. What is the point of having a car that goes way over the legal speed limit. I do not enter into races and I am the person who will get caught if anyone does.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts