Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Traded in my 2011 Ford Fiesta SES for a brand new 2012 Scion iQ today and I am just waiting to hear back that the financing went through (hence the 'Almost') :) I love my Fiesta and hate to see it go but once I saw a commercial for the iQ and took one for a test drive I was sold. The car is so cute and fun to drive. I'm not really keen on the placement of the stereo but that's only one con to the many pros of owning this car. Plus I am able to get two weeks of commuting back and forth to work in my Fiesta, I can't wait to see what kind of mileage I get with the iQ.

The only issue I had was deciding what colour to pick! I debated on the white (my Fiesta is white with tinted windows and looks sharp), black, metallic grey and the hot lava. I have had black cars before and they are so hard to keep clean (I have a little OCD) so I thought I would get white but I already have white car and I really didn't like the metallic grey when I saw it in person so I decided on the hot lava. I am told it looks more like a burnt orange than red - they didn't have one on the lot.

I opted for the TRD lowering springs and 16" alloy wheels but didn't bother with the sway bar as I figured the wide stance of the car and lowering would be enough. We'll see! Aside from tint (as I do with all my cars) I may get a spoiler if I can get my paws on one. I also have to see if I can get a remote car starter installed.

In any event, I have rambled on enough. I only meant to say hello. :D

Maggiebite

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Congrats on your,"ALMOST"purchase,if you liked the test drive,it only gets better the longer you sit in the drivers seat.welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Aloha Maggie and almost congratulations on your new iQ. You will enjoy it very much I'm sure. The Hot Lava is very impressive in person.

Here you can see my Blizzard Pearl White and my buddies Hot Lava next to each other...

Both excellent color choices.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks again!

@surfcitylocal - Wow...now you got me second guessing my colour choice. LOL I love the look of tint on white and your car looks amazing! However, so does your friend's Hot Lava. Nice work! Right now I drive an Oxford White Ford Fiesta SES and also have my windows tinted. IMO - just tinting the windows made it really stand out. I do love the Hot Lava though.

@DanDanLongDan & iqforyou - Is the body sway really that bad? I was taking some pretty tight corners when I took it for a test drive and didn't notice that much difference. The only reason I opted not to get the sway bar was to keep my monthly payments down to a comfortable level for me. I didn't get as much as I wanted for a trade in on my Fiesta and the interest rate is shameful so I cut back where I thought I could and still love the car.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Thanks again!

@surfcitylocal - Wow...now you got me second guessing my colour choice. LOL I love the look of tint on white and your car looks amazing! However, so does your friend's Hot Lava. Nice work! Right now I drive an Oxford White Ford Fiesta SES and also have my windows tinted. IMO - just tinting the windows made it really stand out. I do love the Hot Lava though.

@DanDanLongDan & iqforyou - Is the body sway really that bad? I was taking some pretty tight corners when I took it for a test drive and didn't notice that much difference. The only reason I opted not to get the sway bar was to keep my monthly payments down to a comfortable level for me. I didn't get as much as I wanted for a trade in on my Fiesta and the interest rate is shameful so I cut back where I thought I could and still love the car.
no matter what YOU DO,or NOT DO,you will love the car.the body roll is substantiall,the sway bar allso improved the cars TRACKING ,pulling,in ruts and grooves,i would suggest you dont add it to your pymnts,maybe try to save up $,and do it as an afterthought,it can be easilly done with someone with limited mechanical experience,but i had the dealler install mine for piece of mind,it was just around 350$ do it yourself and knock 100$ off that. Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Gas Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Gas

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks iqforyou - I would get it installed at the dealership also. Generally I don't like to take my car anywhere else but the dealership when the warranty is still good. I know going to some other garage won't (or shouldn't) void your warranty but it's just something I prefer to do. I also have my salesman looking into if I can install a remote car starter in that car. I have become spoiled over the years and the last 4 cars I have owned had remote start. I am thinking of purchasing a anti theft alarm on my car as well but we'll see. First things first - take possession of the car. :D

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Thanks iqforyou - I would get it installed at the dealership also. Generally I don't like to take my car anywhere else but the dealership when the warranty is still good. I know going to some other garage won't (or shouldn't) void your warranty but it's just something I prefer to do. I also have my salesman looking into if I can install a remote car starter in that car. I have become spoiled over the years and the last 4 cars I have owned had remote start. I am thinking of purchasing a anti theft alarm on my car as well but we'll see. First things first - take possession of the car. :D
i agree,TAKING POSSESION is a great place to start.:p

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Taking possession on my car on Friday! Yaaaaaay!! Wheels are still on back order until the first week of May though (boooooo!) so that means I will be rollin' on hubs for a little while. Not really happy about that but what can ya do? Because of that, they told me that when they do come in they would give me a loaner for a day, put on my wheels, detail my car and fill up the gas tank. They are also getting the tint done for me so I don't have to do it once I have the car. Apparently they do a lot of business with the company where I take my cars for tint so even though I still have to pay for the tint, I get their discount and about $50 off the price. So yeah, bummer that my little car won't have her pretty "shoes" when I pick her up but at least the dealership is trying and that's all that matters. :)

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Taking possession on my car on Friday! Yaaaaaay!! Wheels are still on back order until the first week of May though (boooooo!) so that means I will be rollin' on hubs for a little while. Not really happy about that but what can ya do? Because of that, they told me that when they do come in they would give me a loaner for a day, put on my wheels, detail my car and fill up the gas tank. They are also getting the tint done for me so I don't have to do it once I have the car. Apparently they do a lot of business with the company where I take my cars for tint so even though I still have to pay for the tint, I get their discount and about $50 off the price. So yeah, bummer that my little car won't have her pretty "shoes" when I pick her up but at least the dealership is trying and that's all that matters. :)
YYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY,ooops got carried away there,thats great,is it at the lot yet?i had them phone me AS SOON AS the truck arrived so i could get video of it rollin off,yes ,my OCD as well can be challenging at times,HA HA .happy for ya,now hunker down to wait for the next 3 LLOOOOOOOONNNGGG days,your gunna love your car,CONGRADULATIONS MAGGIEBITE.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yup it's on the lot and so are my other parts (fogs, lowering springs and sway bar) so once they go on, the tint gets done and the undercoating is complete and dry, it's mine, mine, mine!! :) I can't wait!! I just wish they had a rear spoiler available for my car. :( Maybe I'll treat myself (and my car) and have that installed next year.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Yup it's on the lot and so are my other parts (fogs, lowering springs and sway bar) so once they go on, the tint gets done and the undercoating is complete and dry, it's mine, mine, mine!! :) I can't wait!! I just wish they had a rear spoiler available for my car. :( Maybe I'll treat myself (and my car) and have that installed next year.
OH,SPRINGS AND SWAY BAR???this i didnt know,did you mention this before or was it A sudden change,IM EXCITED to see pics..:cool:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmmm.... not sure if I mentioned it before but it wasn't a sudden change. Well, the sway bar was. I had initially ordered the lowering springs, sway bar, wheels and fogs. Then I thought... well if it's lowered it may not need the sway bar but then I read on here that the sway bar is recommended so I called my salesman and told him to include the sway bar again. So all the things I mentioned and I also upgraded to the premium Pioneer audio system with the LCD Touch Screen.

After this I need to get winter rims/tires and I'd like to get the rear spoiler, if possible. I also need to see if it's possible to get a remote start installed in that car.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Hmmm.... not sure if I mentioned it before but it wasn't a sudden change. Well, the sway bar was. I had initially ordered the lowering springs, sway bar, wheels and fogs. Then I thought... well if it's lowered it may not need the sway bar but then I read on here that the sway bar is recommended so I called my salesman and told him to include the sway bar again. So all the things I mentioned and I also upgraded to the premium Pioneer audio system with the LCD Touch Screen.

After this I need to get winter rims/tires and I'd like to get the rear spoiler, if possible. I also need to see if it's possible to get a remote start installed in that car.
yes,i do recall now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts