Scion IQ Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I've been using the BAWSS cold air intake on my 2014 IQ for a few years now. I installed it where I used to live in FL but I have recently moved to California. The cold air intakes boot is leaking along so I took it to the local trusted mechanic here after taking to the dealership (and them price gouging me) to change it back to stock. Unfortunately, pieces for this system are scarce and require me ordering them or biting the bullet and having toyota do it for me for more than the intended price. ALSO a smog check is required and with this aftermarket intake installed it will fail an inspection. I'm also in the process of changing my registration and have to have that pass in order to have a "proper emissions." I've located some on this toyota website but was wondering if anybody could help me out finding any more pieces? If you refer to the diagram in the link I have working pieces #5 and #8 and need the rest in order for it to function properly. thank you for any help !

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Welcome to Cali! Sorry about the intake issue that is a major stickler that has prevented me from buying an intake. Which part of CA? Do you want to borrow an intake and leave a deposit, something like that?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to Cali! Sorry about the intake issue that is a major stickler that has prevented me from buying an intake. Which part of CA? Do you want to borrow an intake and leave a deposit, something like that?

I appreciate the offer, I certainly need to own the pieces for it to be acceptable and to continue on. I'm in the bay area, but I have other issues with the vehicle that are being fixed at the moment that would prevent me from traveling in the meantime. If you were willing to sell & ship me the pieces than I would be interested. Or even an entirely new system depending on how much the difference would be thanks.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
I appreciate the offer, I certainly need to own the pieces for it to be acceptable and to continue on. I'm in the bay area, but I have other issues with the vehicle that are being fixed at the moment that would prevent me from traveling in the meantime. If you were willing to sell & ship me the pieces than I would be interested. Or even an entirely new system depending on how much the difference would be thanks.
Yeah I'm kind of the same. Don't want to swap back and forth come smog check day. I kind of need mine as it's the only intake I have, but I don't use the car much hence the thought of lending it out. Also I'm far away in the south near Los Angeles to boot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts