Scion IQ Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Airbags and seat covers warning:

Airbags and seat covers warning:

Just got an IQ and love it. I want to protect the seats from getting destroyed like they did in my last vehicle. Normally I,would simply buy seat covers,

--but the IQ has two airbags in each seat and it could be dangerous to cover the SRS

Does anyone sell a seat cover that is compatible with the IQ?Thank you in advance for the reply.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not just side airbag, the IQ has one airbag in the bottom where your butt sits, and I think one toward the front of the seat bottom.

·
Registered
540 Posts
But more than the stellar safety features are the 11 airbags that come standard that come standard with the 2012 iQ, including the world's first rear-window curtain airbag. Other airbags include driver- and front-passenger airbags; driver- and front-passenger seat-mounted side airbags; side curtain airbags; driver- and front-passenger knee airbags; and a Scion-first driver seat-cushion airbag.

·
Registered
540 Posts
The IQ has 11 airbags!!!! 2 front in dash, 2 side in d&p seat, 2 side curtain front and back , 2 knee d&P, 2 seat cushion d&p, rear window both rear occupants.

·
Registered
584 Posts
The side airbag is the only one a seat cover needs to be designed for. The one in the seat doesn't pop out it just balloons the seat to give full support in a crash.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
The side airbag is the only one a seat cover needs to be designed for. The one in the seat doesn't pop out it just balloons the seat to give full support in a crash.
INTERESTING,thanks for that bohemian.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
As Bohemian said above, the side airbag is the only one you have to worry about as far as seat covers go. Before purchasing ask the manufacturing company if they do indeed comply with airbags in the seat.

Pecca leather did mine and they provide all compliance needed for the iQ.

Pecca Leather | Welcome

·
Registered
351 Posts
My hubby and I were just discussing about that air bags concern. I think I'm gonna have to save up for those Pecca leather ones unless someone else comes up with a cheaper SRS compliant one.

·
Registered
584 Posts
My hubby and I were just discussing about that air bags concern. I think I'm gonna have to save up for those Pecca leather ones unless someone else comes up with a cheaper SRS compliant one.
Are you only looking for leather? My Wet Okole's are SRS compliant.

·
Registered
351 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Your correct on those very inexpensive covers. I asked them a question about that a while back and just finally got a reply. Not airbag safe..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts